herbal life..

Options
Sooo I started using herbal life 6 days ago...I have one shake for breakfast,one for dinner then a generous portion of some salad, jacket and meat for tea. i also joined a gym yesterday and went to the 'boxing' class, it was real intense.

so I would just like to know if any one out there has been on herbal life and lost weight? if so how much and how long.!.?

thanks jo.
:)
x

Replies

• juwill33
    juwill33 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    i LOVE HERBALIFE... HOWEVER IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU ARE GETTING YOUR PROTEIN IN AND EATING YOU SNACKS THAT ARE HIGH IN PROTIEN. I AM ACTUALLY ORDERING SOME TO START ON IT AGAIN, I WAS ON IT FOR A WHILE THEN LIKE ALWAYS I LOSE AND THEN STOP DOING IT. BUT PROTEIN PROTEIN PROTEIN IS THE MOST IMPORTANT PART. I LOVE THE TEA AND DRINK IT ALOT. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTION FEEL FREE TO ASK OR ADD ME AS A FRIEND!
  • jocimari
    Options
    Hi, yes Herbalife is a great product get their aloe vera drink and proteín to mix with the shake. Also the tea, it gives you lots of energy and helps with weight loss. I've lost a lot before but then got sick and couldn't diet anymore wich cause me to be the 258lbs I'm right now :( but I'm already got my shakes back and I'm starting back on it. But yeah great product, wish you good luck. Let me know how it goes.
  • juwill33
    Options
    I GOT A LOT OF GOOD SHAKE RECIPES ALSO IF YOU ALL WANT A FEW!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,535 Member
    Options
    Maybe a good way to start for a week or two, but liquid diets have one of the highest "regains" compared to other diets. It's much more important to learn how to eat solid food since once people on a diet reach goal, that's what they eat. Unless you're willing to stay on this diet for life, the chances of regaining weight once you stop are high. That's what MFP is for: learning how to lose weight with correct calorie intake by EATING.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • KMiche82
    KMiche82 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I am an herbal life distributor and user of the product I love it and have been on it this go round have been on it as recommended for 2 weeks and I have lost 4lbs my first week and will weigh in again on Monday. I have a butterfinger shake for breakfast, healthy snack usually trail mix or a piece of fruit, lunch is usually a lean cuisine/smart ones or colorful meal I cooked the night before, another snack which is usually the same thing as my 1st snack, and then another shake for dinner, if I am still hungry later I will eat some popcorn. I have been able to teach myself what is healthy and positive for my body even though I am doing the shakes. Make sure you choose healthy snacks and a meal in between your shake so that way when you do reach your goal weight you do not gain the weight back.
  • joemma
    joemma Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    thanks all.... I will stick to it if I see results, otherwise I get bored.!

Protein? do you mean a different shake?
    I have tried the tea and its not the nicest so going to stick with plenty of water and green tea..
    I do snack on fruit (but not enough according to my boyfriend..) i also have a fresh fruit juice every morning. normally 2 apples 2 carrots juiced..yummm :)
    Keep me posted on your weight loss from herbal life, I shall let you know if I have lost when I weigh in the next couple of days...
    Fingers crossed...
    xxxx
  • juwill33
    Options
    beef jerky has tons of protein, greek yogurk, or the protein bars that herbalife has. They also have protein snack drinks that help when you get hungy between meals. And one thing i learned doing herbalife and working out you do need to eat and do protein. So do an apple and greek yogurt for a snack. It seems like a lot of food but it gets your motabalism going to burn more. if you dont like the taste of the tea add crystal light packets in them...they are yummy. and the tea helps you burn calories also... And i sell herbalife also. I am just getting back into the swing of things. I know what to do..i just need to do it myself!!
  • sflurbo
    sflurbo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just started and am on my 3rd day. I weigh in tomorrow as I am doing the introductory offer kit. So far so good. If nothing else I am watching what I eat. I have NO WILLPOWER. I mean it's plain and simple, if you want to get back down to your feel good size, we all know what to do. But, it's not that simple for me. I give into every excuse, every mood, every situation. I'm going to try this Herbal life for the first time and I am positive it will work. We can do this, we all want this for ourselves, let's not let OURSELVES down. Keep in touch everyone, we are all here for each other :)
  • Bbeliever215
    Bbeliever215 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Have you searched other discussions/posts on here regarding this product?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    sflurbo wrote: »
    I just started and am on my 3rd day. I weigh in tomorrow as I am doing the introductory offer kit. So far so good. If nothing else I am watching what I eat. I have NO WILLPOWER. I mean it's plain and simple, if you want to get back down to your feel good size, we all know what to do. But, it's not that simple for me. I give into every excuse, every mood, every situation. I'm going to try this Herbal life for the first time and I am positive it will work. We can do this, we all want this for ourselves, let's not let OURSELVES down. Keep in touch everyone, we are all here for each other :)

I've done weight loss shakes in the past, yet here I am AGAIN. When you get to goal weight, from where and how will this "willpower" you are currently lacking come to you?

I'm not trying to be mean, I've been there. This time I'm measuring and logging real food. I'm managing portion sizes and snacks for regular food. Plan on some sort of step down approach. Ditching one meal replacement at a time. The willpower will become a factor eventually......and it's a huge commitment. It's willpower for the rest of your life.
  • jsidogen
    jsidogen Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Maybe a good way to start for a week or two, but liquid diets have one of the highest "regains" compared to other diets. It's much more important to learn how to eat solid food since once people on a diet reach goal, that's what they eat. Unless you're willing to stay on this diet for life, the chances of regaining weight once you stop are high. That's what MFP is for: learning how to lose weight with correct calorie intake by EATING.

IDEA Fitness member

This advice unfortunately will fall upon deaf ears.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

Please read this post because he's right

It's ok to start with meal replacements but study the shake you're drinking..how many calories, what macros...find real food substitutes that you enjoy that you can move to

Take it from one who yo-yo dieted for 30 years thinking if I lose it I will keep it off...it doesn't work and you stay on that hamster wheel for life until you work out you're doing something wrong ...don't let it take you 30 years to develop habits that will keep you in your comfort zone ...I can almost guarantee those habits will not include a lifetime of replacing meals with a drink

Good luck
  • Helsey001
    Helsey001 Posts: 2 Member
    Options

IDEA Fitness member

I'm sure you are absolutely right on this, however, I'll be starting Herbalife soon but I'll just have a shake in the morning and then eat healthily throughout the day. I can't face eating first thing so thought this would be a good kick start to my day and if I like the taste, then I'll stay with it. I wouldn't dream of replacing 2 meals a day with it tho...
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I was on Herbalife and even tried to sell it for a while. I got suckered in by a babysitter and did not know as much as I know now.

I did not lose 1 lb on it! I was hungry all day and by the afternoon I had the shakes (not the drink! I was literally shaky and had to eat something.) Plus, the more I read up on diet aids and supplements, the more skeptical I became.

I have friends who have been "successful" on it. I quote that because, yes they did lose weight when they were on the program, but gained it back when they take a break from the program, and they have to go back on it to lose weight again. For me, that is not successful. Research has shown that these types of programs create yo-yo dieters and that is not healthy.
  • TasnimEz
    TasnimEz Posts: 280 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Why not use a protein shake (or make your own smoothie for example) if you only want to have it for breakfast? Isn't Herbalife crazy expensive?
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I know people want quick fixes and they don't want to do a year of hard work to shift the lard they gained over years, but seriously? What happens when you lost the weight but you learned nothing? You'll pile it all back on. But then you think "ooooh Herbalife was great I lost lots of weight on that!" and fork out more money again to lose a bit of weight aaaand pile it all back on plus more... and you think "oooh best get back on Herbalife!!"

No wonder the vendors come here promoting the stuff. Must be a right little cash-cow for them.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    CollieFit wrote: »
    I know people want quick fixes and they don't want to do a year of hard work to shift the lard they gained over years, but seriously? What happens when you lost the weight but you learned nothing? You'll pile it all back on. But then you think "ooooh Herbalife was great I lost lots of weight on that!" and fork out more money again to lose a bit of weight aaaand pile it all back on plus more... and you think "oooh best get back on Herbalife!!"

No wonder the vendors come here promoting the stuff. Must be a right little cash-cow for them.

+1

And, if people could stop screaming, that would be great. :wink:
  • emmycantbemeeko
    emmycantbemeeko Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Helsey001 wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

I'm sure you are absolutely right on this, however, I'll be starting Herbalife soon but I'll just have a shake in the morning and then eat healthily throughout the day. I can't face eating first thing so thought this would be a good kick start to my day and if I like the taste, then I'll stay with it. I wouldn't dream of replacing 2 meals a day with it tho...

There's nothing mandatory about breakfast if you're not hungry in the morning. Your metabolism runs just fine without it, no need to "kick start". If you're a breakfast person who intentionally skips breakfast and then overeats later out of hunger, that's not good, but if you've never been hungry first thing and you delay your first meal till later in the day and still eat reasonable portions, you're fine. No shakes needed.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Helsey001 wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

And will you be weighing and logging the healthy food you're eating throughout the day? Because if you're not mindful of how much you're eating, weight loss will be difficult, even if you're "eating healthily", even if you're drinking Herbalife.
  • bpetrosky
    bpetrosky Posts: 3,911 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Poster with 11 posts necros a 4 year old thread about Herbalife. Experienced posters get sucked in. Another poster with only two posts comes in to announce that they're going to do Herbalife despite good advice to the contrary. Neither one comes back to the thread...

Never change, MFP. Never. Ever. Change.