Depressing post of the day

Options
dvis334
dvis334 Posts: 125 Member
Well i completely abandoned my fit lifestyle for a week because of a really difficult time ive been having. I finally got back to the gym today only to discover my strength is down significantly. Depressingly so. As if that wasn't sad enough, it looks like I'm single now. Great. Now I'm weak AND alone. I just want some random conversation from random people. So if you are bored and need some distraction as much as i do add me, send me a message, or just respond in the thread lol

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I'm going through relationship struggles, work struggles, financial struggles. I didn't miss any workouts though. They are the only thing that keeps me sane and on track.

I doubt you lost strength in one week. More likely it is your attitude and disposition. Go into your next training session knowing you're going to kill it.

Also, if you're down-make sure you're still eating and getting adequate nutrition. It will help not only with your training but with your mood as well.

Feel better!
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    You probably didn't lose that much strength in a week (if any at all). Could be your energy level, mood, etc.
    just get back at it and you'll see improvements in no time!
  • piggysmalls333
    piggysmalls333 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Agree with Arditarose. In the upsside if you are on your own you will have more time to work on yourself, build up a better workout routine and get back on track so you're fully ready to get back out there (or get back together?) a leaner, meaner, stronger you!
  • Iguessicandothis
    Iguessicandothis Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    You did the best thing-you got back to the gym.

When I'm feeling really crappy, what makes me feel better-even more so than ice cream or booze-is running or lifting. Those endorphins take over and I feel like I can take on the world again.

Use your pain, your hurt, or whatever negative feelings you have to push you harder. This will make you stronger, not weaker.
  • dvis334
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »
    I'm going through relationship struggles, work struggles, financial struggles. I didn't miss any workouts though. They are the only thing that keeps me sane and on track.

I doubt you lost strength in one week. More likely it is your attitude and disposition. Go into your next training session knowing you're going to kill it.

Also, if you're down-make sure you're still eating and getting adequate nutrition. It will help not only with your training but with your mood as well.

Feel better!

Thanks! I'm eating right now actually :) Rio's Pizza. If you're in So Cal you know how delicious a comfort food it is lol
  • arditarose
    Options
    dvis334 wrote: »

Feel better!

Thanks! I'm eating right now actually :) Rio's Pizza. If you're in So Cal you know how delicious a comfort food it is lol

Nice. I just finished off a pint of froyo. About to get into a serious amount of popcorn. Like...enough for 3 people except all to myself. Bulking season lol.
  • dvis334
    Options
    I'm on a clean bulk (during the weekdays) right now too. 4,000 calories/day. Not sure if there's any point in eating clean at that amount of cals but I dont hate it. Popcorn? My first job at the AMC movie theater ruined popcorn for me :( lol
  • arditarose
    Options
    I'm on a clean bulk (during the weekdays) right now too. 4,000 calories/day. Not sure if there's any point in eating clean at that amount of cals but I dont hate it. Popcorn? My first job at the AMC movie theater ruined popcorn for me :( lol

Clean bulk for me is more like 2000 calories, though I upped it recently because I'm hungry and it's my last month. I don't "eat clean". I just try to eat nutrient dense food and yeah...I eat a lot of treats, and usually a good restaurant meal every week.

I worked at a movie theater too! I ate a lot of popcorn...and got fat lol. I make my popcorn just by putting kernels in a brown paper bag. Sometimes I don't even add oil. It's light and airy and not like the bagged popcorn.
  • dvis334
    Options

Clean bulk for me is more like 2000 calories, though I upped it recently because I'm hungry and it's my last month. I don't "eat clean". I just try to eat nutrient dense food and yeah...I eat a lot of treats, and usually a good restaurant meal every week.

I worked at a movie theater too! I ate a lot of popcorn...and got fat lol. I make my popcorn just by putting kernels in a brown paper bag. Sometimes I don't even add oil. It's light and airy and not like the bagged popcorn.

Nice. What's your favorite restaurant? Really? That's cool. I actually really enjoyed working there. It was fun for a first job lol
  • arditarose
    Options

Nice. What's your favorite restaurant? Really? That's cool. I actually really enjoyed working there. It was fun for a first job lol

I dunno. I'm in NYC so there are tons of great restaurants. I actually don't think I have a favorite.
  • dvis334
    Options
    I love NYC! I visited on an east coast trip when I was younger. Have you been to Los Angeles?
  • dvis334
    Options
    Agree with Arditarose. In the upsside if you are on your own you will have more time to work on yourself, build up a better workout routine and get back on track so you're fully ready to get back out there (or get back together?) a leaner, meaner, stronger you!

Thanks! Ya I want to get back together. We will see how it goes.. I'm not too hopeful honestly
  • dvis334
    Options

When I'm feeling really crappy, what makes me feel better-even more so than ice cream or booze-is running or lifting. Those endorphins take over and I feel like I can take on the world again.

Use your pain, your hurt, or whatever negative feelings you have to push you harder. This will make you stronger, not weaker.

Ya thats what I figured would happen but when my squat was down from 215 to 135 you can imagine I didn't feel any better haha
  • Iguessicandothis
    Iguessicandothis Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options

Ya thats what I figured would happen but when my squat was down from 215 to 135 you can imagine I didn't feel any better haha
    Like the others said-part of that is your mindset right now. You'll be back to 215 very quickly.
  • dvis334
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    You're good looking! You won't be alone for long. Enjoy your private time while you have it.

Haha! I wanted quiet time when we were together. Now i just want time with her going on about boring random meaningless *kitten* like makeup and celebrities :( i got it bad lol
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Give it a week and then ask her to meet you for coffee and tell her how much you miss her. See what happens.
  • DatGuy_Bry
    DatGuy_Bry Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    whmscll wrote: »
    Give it a week and then ask her to meet you for coffee and tell her how much you miss her. See what happens.

Lol wat.

No, go no contact and do things that make you happy. She'll hit you up when she sees you're not depressed over her. I wouldn't take her back though.