When people say they wish they were my size..

Options
111katie
111katie Posts: 28 Member
It frustrates my when people say they wish they were as skinny as me. It is not cool to be underweight and it is defiantly not fun. Being unhealthy should not be your goal and right now I'm trying my best to get to a healthier state. Being underweight makes you feel weaker and like you can't do much of anything. There are a lot of people who don't understand having to push yourself to eat a surplus of calories. I miss one meal and I will lose what I have gained and have to start all over. And I mean I don't hate my body or anything, it is what it is. I just don't want to be uhealthy.

Replies

• ellebreedlove42
    ellebreedlove42 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Don't get too discouraged! When I was anorexic I used to get a lot of the same comments. There was one lady in particular who was actually really envious and bitchy about my size- little did she know I was dying inside despite my outer appearance. It's unfortunate that super skinny is idolized, healthy should idolized not just size . People forget that being super thin is just as unhealthy as being super big. Keep your chin up love, maybe start a blog about it. Educate the people who are saying these things to you.
  • 111katie
    111katie Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Be healthy not just a size :) shoulds like a new book
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Best of luck to you op! Don't worry about what others say, keep focused on being healthy !
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    When i was young i was very, very thin and this was with no eating issues...no anoxeria, no control over food..it was because i was young with estrogen and a good metabolism.

So yes, i did get those comments and people were likely envious. If you are indeed too thin, try a program lifting weights--you'll gain some strength. Also, keep in mind, your problem is not as common as obesity and morbid obesity.

Hang In there, things can and do change. Good Luck OP.