xbox kinect sports

Options
I'm finding it hard to know what to log this as.. I spend a good 50/60 mins using the kinect, but have no idea what to log it as.
The sports games, go through track and field, boxing, beach ball, football, and a few more. also use adventures which has lots of full body movements too.
I know this would come under cardio, but I can't really create myown as I dont have a HRM to know exactly how many calories i would be burning, so in general what would you log it as ?

Replies

• Cherese1983
    Cherese1983 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Aerobics maybe?
  • mzprettiekittie
    mzprettiekittie Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I was thinking that, maybe as Aerobics General ? There's plenty on for the wii but atleast the wii helps give you some idea of the calories you use, xbox needs a feature like this :indifferent:
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    get yourself EA Active for connect, it actually comes with a HRM that is very accurate, I just used it the other night!!
    It has all kinds of training circuits and things as well, and it tracks your calories burned based on your height and weight and gender and your Heart rate.
  • albinogorilla
    Options
    kinect not connect.........sorry
  • mzprettiekittie
    Options
    Next time i get paid im lookin into that EA Set, it does look pretty good.
  • albinogorilla
    Options
    i scored it at target about a month back on sale for $20..............came with the game, heart rate monitor and the resistance bands, couldn't pass it up! I already had it for wii, but this is much better.
  • ONEEYEDMIC
    Options
    We have been using the Wii Active sports with HRM! I know that I am burning more calories than what it says at the end of the workout. Mainly because the HMR doesn't alway respond. You can go to any store nowadays and get a fairly cheap HRM/Calorie burner counter and create a XBOX KINECT excersise thread. That is what I did. Just remember that your body may be burning more than it records. Which is a good thing. I don't mind undercutting how I log, I know my body burned more. Good Luck!
  • mzprettiekittie
    Options
    Thanks for your help. everyone seems fair impressed by the xbox work outs, im loving the sport games for now, and cant wait to try the rest