Dairy Free Bullet Proof Coffee

Options
iluvwdw
iluvwdw Posts: 287 Member
Hi I have been hearing about the bullet proof coffee but am dairy free and can not have cinnamon. So I was wondering would this work with just the coconut oil in the coffee??? I am dairy, gluten, egg, and soy free. So am wondering if coconut milk in my coffee would provide the same results.

If anyone has had the same results without the butter, and cinnamon, I would be interested in hearing.

Thanks.

Replies

• megweg1
    megweg1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am experimenting with the bullet proof diet. I have done a lot of research on it recently and listened to the podcasts. You could try using ghee--clarified butter. It gets rid of that in butter which most people can't have (the milk solids?). The original recipe calls for "Brain Octane" a highly purified coconut oil. It's expensive but I use it and find it is nicer then regular coconut oil and lasts a long time. So that would work just fine I am sure.
  • megweg1
    megweg1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Don't know if you're still thinking about this--you posted your question three years ago. : )
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    iluvwdw wrote: »
    Hi I have been hearing about the bullet proof coffee but am dairy free and can not have cinnamon. So I was wondering would this work with just the coconut oil in the coffee??? I am dairy, gluten, egg, and soy free. So am wondering if coconut milk in my coffee would provide the same results.

If anyone has had the same results without the butter, and cinnamon, I would be interested in hearing.

Thanks.

Yes. It will provide the exact same results.

Which is to say, nothing.
  • LKArgh
    LKArgh Posts: 5,179 Member
    Options
    What results are you expecting?
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Necro thread

Still derp
  • iluvwdw
    iluvwdw Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the response. I don't have the bullet proof coffee as coffee for me acts as a cross reactor to the gluten. It gives me the same reaction as if I had eaten gluten so I just dont have it.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Not sure what results you are looking for, but if you put coconut oil and hot coffee in the blender, it emulsifies and tastes good. I sometimes do this when I run out of almond/coconut/cow milk as I don't like black coffee straight.

It's great if you need extra fat in your diet, but it does not do anything magical.