Options
I can do it !!!!

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Can you? maybe

Should you? That's the question.

That's a pretty steep deficit. What are your stats?
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,020 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't attempt that. If you are very obese then you might lose a little more than 2 pounds a week in the first few weeks, but 5.5 pounds a week is not a healthy weight loss goal. I would try for 15 kg in 4 months and honestly I think that is pretty aggressive.
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    Don't set too high goals as if you don't meet them you'll feel like chucking it in
    Aim for smaller goals anything else is a bonus and anything off is better than on
  • hafezalsayed
    hafezalsayed Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Can you? maybe

Should you? That's the question.

That's a pretty steep deficit. What are your stats?

Thank you for your reply
    I lost so far 3.5 kg in 10 days my current weight was 124.5 and now i am 121.0
  • hafezalsayed
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    I wouldn't attempt that. If you are very obese then you might lose a little more than 2 pounds a week in the first few weeks, but 5.5 pounds a week is not a healthy weight loss goal. I would try for 15 kg in 4 months and honestly I think that is pretty aggressive.

The thing is either i will do it hard or i will not do it because i will lose hope
  • hafezalsayed
    Options
    size102b wrote: »
    Don't set too high goals as if you don't meet them you'll feel like chucking it in
    Aim for smaller goals anything else is a bonus and anything off is better than on

I am doing my best to eat healthy and cover all the loss in a way that i will not be effected. Thanks for your reply
  • flumi_f
    flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    3.5kg in first 10 days - that is (sorry) mostly water weight. You most likely won't lose at that rate much longer.

And 15kg in 4mth is actually still a pretty fast rate. Should be attainable with your stats. 30kg in 4mth might be possible, but imo not healthy and you won't be a happy camper. Probably not sustainable either. So you might want to reconsider...

I lost 4kg/month for 2mth, than 2kg/mth for 2kg and then it slowed down. 20kg in 8mth and then another 8kg in 8 mth. This was with a 20-25% deficit and a mix of cardio and strength. I had 30kg to lose. Just to give you the picture.
  • viren19890
    viren19890 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    What's the point if you'd be losing muscle along with fat?
    Smaller clothes will fit but you could end up being skinny fat which is worse than bigger fat (for lack of better term)
    Unless you want to lose it all to become a runner or join a lower weight class for an upcoming event.

Well even in that case-I don't see a single point in losing muscle along with fat.
  • spitefully
    spitefully Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    flumi_f wrote: »
    3.5kg in first 10 days - that is (sorry) mostly water weight. You most likely won't lose at that rate much longer.

And 15kg in 4mth is actually still a pretty fast rate. Should be attainable with your stats. 30kg in 4mth might be possible, but imo not healthy and you won't be a happy camper. Probably not sustainable either. So you might want to reconsider...

I lost 4kg/month for 2mth, than 2kg/mth for 2kg and then it slowed down. 20kg in 8mth and then another 8kg in 8 mth. This was with a 20-25% deficit and a mix of cardio and strength. I had 30kg to lose. Just to give you the picture.

Thanks for the information, gives a realistic expectation for me.
  • hafezalsayed
    Options
    flumi_f wrote: »

Thank you for the information
  • hafezalsayed
    Options
    viren19890 wrote: »
    What's the point if you'd be losing muscle along with fat?
    Smaller clothes will fit but you could end up being skinny fat which is worse than bigger fat (for lack of better term)
    Unless you want to lose it all to become a runner or join a lower weight class for an upcoming event.

Well even in that case-I don't see a single point in losing muscle along with fat.

True i will do my best to not lose muscles along with fat !