Introducing myself

Options
Early last year I lost my job as retail store manager. It was a very physically active job. The store I was working at closed. It was at the same time that all the Targets, Future Shops and other stores were closing too so the job market was a little overwhelmed. GREAT :(...

I was lucky enough to find a job doing transcriptions for the Ontario courts. This job entails working from home, on my (ever growing) butt.

I didn't realize what a huge change this would effect on my health until early this year. I randomly weighed myself on January 7th and found that I weighed 200 lbs. GASP! What a wake up call.

I also noticed that I was getting winded extremely easily and had absolutely no stamina. I was napping most afternoons and just generally always feeling low and sick. I needed a change big time!

Since then I've lost 11 pounds Yay :) and have been working with FitStar and using a Fitbit. I have been mostly successful at staying motivated for the first few weeks but a couple of weeks ago I hit a motivational roadblock. There was a death in the family that caused my schedule to become messed up and I sort of allowed myself to fall out of the habit. I quickly started feeling tired again.

Last night I did a work out and today I feel better. I guess I need a little help staying on track. Food wise, I'm doing well, it's just the excercise that I'm really not used to seeking out as such.

That's me.
Hélène

Replies

• hlegace
    hlegace Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Oops, one more thing, if anyone is reading this.
    I have no friends in mfp or in Fitbit.
    If anyone wants to team up in this battle I would gladly welcome them.
    Hélène
  • MarziDeThrall
    MarziDeThrall Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I don't have a fitbit, but you can add me as a friend if you like. Today marks my third week here and I'm down 7 lbs. I'm 46 and have 77 lbs to go. I log everyday and my diary is open to friends. Good luck to you. :)