Eating unhealthy foods at night

Options
Hi Everyone!

I have an eating problem at night. I find it hard to lose weight because I keep on snacking on high-calorie foods during night time after my workouts. I know that I have to keep the snacks healthy, but I always end up still eating salty/sweet foods after the healthy ones. Does someone have a suggestion on how I can do away with the unhealthy foods? I'm just really a food lover and find it hard to resist my favorite ones. Thanks so much!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    The solution can be to stop snacking alltogether. Don't buy the foods you usually snack on, or incorporate them in your regular meals, which you of course prelog ;)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Don't keep whatever it is you're having a problem with in your house.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    I eat at night. I make room for it in my calories.
  • tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    I also eat at night. I make room 8n my cals for ice ream, popcorn and sugar free jello. Find some you like that are not as bad , that you like and add them in.
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Is it possible that you're being over restrictive in what you're eating during the day? For a lot of people, trying to be perfect during the day can lead to this.
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    I eat at night. I make room for it in my calories.

^^This. I eat 80% of my calories after 4pm.
  • dalem54494
    dalem54494 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

This is what I do and it works great for me.
  • freakymistkd
    freakymistkd Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    snikkins wrote: »
    Is it possible that you're being over restrictive in what you're eating during the day? For a lot of people, trying to be perfect during the day can lead to this.

Both of these.
  • charlieaulert
    charlieaulert Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Don't buy them... Meaning you can't eat them. If they're in your cupboard, you will want to eat them. Try a variation, i.e baked crisps instead of normal crisps & then slowly remove these from your diet too, worked easily for me.
  • MeiannaLee
    MeiannaLee Posts: 338 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    1. Just dont snack.
    2. Eat a protein bar to help you feel full.
    3. Understand why you are eating so much. Is it mindless? Out of boredom?
    4. WORK OUT IN THE MORNING. It is scientifically proven that waking up bright and early, working out and then eating a nutritious breakfast helps you slim down, helps you maintain your weight, helps you chose to eat nutritiously, and cuts your sinful cravings.
    4. Incorporate small 'unhealthy' snacks into your diet throughout the day and so that way at night, youll feel more satisfied. (Every morning I have some cookies with my meal, and every now and then in the day time Ill have a piece of sugar free hard candy)
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    This is why I don't eat breakfast.- I push all my food back by 4-5 hrs- and then I eat whatever I want late at night when I'm hungry.

or just don't snack- or don't buy them.
  • pzarnosky
    pzarnosky Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    MeiannaLee wrote: »
    1. Just dont snack.
    2. Eat a protein bar to help you feel full.
    3. Understand why you are eating so much. Is it mindless? Out of boredom?
    4. WORK OUT IN THE MORNING. It is scientifically proven that waking up bright and early, working out and then eating a nutritious breakfast helps you slim down, helps you maintain your weight, helps you chose to eat nutritiously, and cuts your sinful cravings.
    4. Incorporate small 'unhealthy' snacks into your diet throughout the day and so that way at night, youll feel more satisfied. (Every morning I have some cookies with my meal, and every now and then in the day time Ill have a piece of sugar free hard candy)

Source please.