Does anybody know any exercises/workouts that burn a lot of calories and don't need equipment?

Options
Please and thank you

Replies

• stevencloser
    stevencloser Posts: 8,911 Member
    Options
    Running.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Go run
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    and running
  • Kandy4mel
    Kandy4mel Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    check out the zuzka light youtube channel. Her workouts are killer and all you need is yourself and maybe a pair of weights.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Google "You are Your Own Gym"........and yes, running (you may need to invest in some clothing if you live where it gets cold)
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Running. Hiking. Swimming Laps...
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Did anyone say running yet?
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    of course running like others have said, but what i would recommend instead:

plyometric training- Also known as Jump Training
    HIIT training- High Intensity Interval Training
    edit: added info as to what these words mean. :)

You can google these training modalities and there are plenty of workout plans and youtube videos. both HIIT and Plyometric training can be an excellent option for those wishing to burn the most amount of calories in a short period of time (because intensity and heart rate are kept high) but the benefits of this training lasts beyond your workout. Unlike running, these training modalities incorporate resistance training which has a longer over-all (for recovery) calorie burn.
  • PearBlossom9
    PearBlossom9 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Dont listen to a beach body coach they just want to sell you work out videos so they get a cut. Look up bodyweight exercises for stregnth training you can do with little to no equipment. Lots of free at home videos on youtube.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

:laugh:
  • dstromley90
    dstromley90 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Kettleball swings. Ik you said no equipment but they cost like $20
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Dont listen to a beach body coach they just want to sell you work out videos so they get a cut. Look up bodyweight exercises for stregnth training you can do with little to no equipment. Lots of free at home videos on youtube.

Seriously. And most are excellent quality and production. You can even find some of the most popular fitness dvd's uploaded to youtube like jillian michael's 30 day shred, etc.
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Tabata training - it is pretty much the same at HIIT (high intensity interval training) - of all the different exercises I have done while wearing my HRM tabata has burned the most in the shortest period of time - depends on which exercises you do though, burpees probably would be the highest or anything that involves jumping. And of course running ;)
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    If calorie burn is the main goal, then umm... Has anyone mentioned running?
  • yoohooitssue
    yoohooitssue Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Dancing - it's great for burning off calories!! Put your favorite music on and just dance!
  • H_Ock12
    H_Ock12 Posts: 1,152 Member
    Options
    Running. Jump rope (mine was super cheap at Walmart). I like to do sprints, broken up by body weight exercises, with some longer distance jogging mixed in.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    I don't think so.

Running.

• catnap1996
    catnap1996 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Run
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    If you're only interested in volume of calories, then running.

You may be spotting a trend here...
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,172 Member
    Options
    Jumping rope will burn a bunch as well.