How much calories do I need?

Options
Hey, I am an 18 y/o male who is 5'8 in height and 7st 6lb in weight. I need to reach 15st 6lb as my mega goal. how much calories should I eat each day to reach my goal?

Replies

• Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    Are you being treated for any kind of illness? That's a very low weight.
  • johngibbs1198
    johngibbs1198 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Are you being treated for any kind of illness? That's a very low weight.
    No, I just had an operation
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I wish you a good recovery!
    The trick is not to put on too much fat by doing it too quickly, but I'm sure you have some leeway there, and should eat high calorie and nutritious foods for the recovery for a couple of months.
    Usually men bulk at a 1lb gain a week (that's 3500 extra calories per week over your maintenance figure), Llifting weights in the gym following a progressive lifting routine like Stronglifts.
    You should then gain half a pound of muscle a week, with the unavoidable fat gain at about the same. Don't worry, it will look good, then when you can't take any more, you'd go in a cut to target FAT loss and retain the muscle you've built,.

To be honest, you may be looking at 2-3 years work on bulk and cut cycles.

Good luck, you'll get all the advice you need on this forum.
  • johngibbs1198
    johngibbs1198 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I wish you a good recovery!
    The trick is not to put on too much fat by doing it too quickly, but I'm sure you have some leeway there, and should eat high calorie and nutritious foods for the recovery for a couple of months.
    Usually men bulk at a 1lb gain a week (that's 3500 extra calories per week over your maintenance figure), Llifting weights in the gym following a progressive lifting routine like Stronglifts.
    You should then gain half a pound of muscle a week, with the unavoidable fat gain at about the same. Don't worry, it will look good, then when you can't take any more, you'd go in a cut to target FAT loss and retain the muscle you've built,.

To be honest, you may be looking at 2-3 years work on bulk and cut cycles.

Good luck, you'll get all the advice you need on this forum.
    Thank you. Since its leap year tomorrow that's when I start