EVERYBODY DO THIS

Options
Instead of looking in the mirror and being disappointing or being hard on yourself for making a bad choice or not exercising. STOP THAT THOUGHT!
Say something nice about yourself.
Try this everyday. At first it will be hard,over time it will get easier. Maybe try writing your daily positive thought down,seeing all the nice things you have said about yourself as the days have gone by will be so motivational.
I have seen many people on here who have lost large amounts of weight say that you can change your body,but it doesn't change what happens in your head. Lets all work on changing the voices in our heads to match up with the beautiful people we all are on the outside.
I have suffered some form of depression as long as I can remember. The past six months have been such a happy time in my life. This hasn't just been a weight loss journey for me its been a journey to happiness,self esteem and seeing what my limits are.
Everyone have a beautiful day!

Replies

• GaveUp
    GaveUp Posts: 308
    Options
    What a wonderful Idea!!!
  • maureendonahue
    maureendonahue Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    What a nice idea!

So glad things are going well for you!
  • alyseleri
    alyseleri Posts: 6
    Options
    wow, what a wonderful post. i have also struggled with depression forever and my body image is pretty negative. i am going to give what you said a try, starting now! i keep a diary every day and i am going to write something nice about myself. you are an inspiration.
    sharon x
  • Sammybunny711
    Sammybunny711 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    That's a WONDERFUL idea!
  • Purplegal32
    Purplegal32 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    That is such a great idea Though I will struggle with this I am gonna do this every day!
  • Monsherri
    Monsherri Posts: 69
    Options
    That is great advise!!
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    hehe,bumping my own post back up. Hopefully it will get a few more looks.