Disorders/Illnesses?

Options
2»

Replies

• PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    fibromyalgia, RA, and a pineal cyst. I just started off slow, and kept advancing myself when I felt ready, if my body is sore than I just walk a little in the morning. I never over do it.
  • Rochellenoone12
    Rochellenoone12 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You are not alone hun xx i have anxiety,depression and ocd..nuthn for anyone on here to be embarrassed or ashamed abt...ppl that dont have any problems mentally dnt realise the pain or torture goin around in our heads..easier to say an imbalance of brain chemicals...xx
  • nitroalley
    nitroalley Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    it's definitely draining and takes a strong person to do it well. i wish more of them were skilled at it though, because where i live they're awful. when i was hospitalized for narcolepsy, during a "sleep attack" the psych nurses restrained me saying i was 'hearing voices' and when i tried to tell them i wasn't they didn't even listen to me lmao. when i was having an allergic reaction to a medication they put me on i was completely dismissed by them. they treated anyone with psychosis like children and couldn't tell even the basic disorders/symptoms apart. lmao.
    this is the reason i'm studying to become a psychiatric nurse! we need experienced ones here who are educated in psychology and won't just assume every mentally ill person is schizophrenic.
    [/quote]

I applaud you. The work these folks did blew me away. We spent a day with doctors explaining the differences in bipolar and schizophrenia and how to go through a patient interview to diagnose. Then we spent hours with patients going through therapy sessions. Then we had a videotape session where we had to diagnose and defend followed by a live interview with a patient where we had to do the same thing. Also an alcohol withdrawal case which can often be misdiagnosed. There were case workers there that were former patients coming back to give back. Most incredible work day I have ever had.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    Sometimes self-acceptance can go a long way here. Mental illness can sap your will to move and drain your energy. Get treatment and simply do the best you can.
  • Dandelie
    Dandelie Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    PCOS, PTSD, depression, anxiety, binge eating disorder, emotional eating disorder.

I am doing the best I can. I am setting goals and trying to make myself happier. Some days are bad. Most days are good. I am glad for it because it can be so stressful when the day is bad. I find that I cannot cut everything out. I do struggle with eating the low carb stuff PCOS requires, but sometimes it falls into place. I also cannot just stop eating particular foods, so I am learning moderation.

Food was my coping mechanism. I didn't face my problems. I ate them. And now, I am learning how to use exercise and other healthy measures as a coping mechanism. So far, I am feeling better, happier, and less tense.
  • TRVega75
    TRVega75 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Asthma, fibromyalgia, depression. It seems something always stops me from reaching my goal weight. I am learning what sets it off but I will not give up this time. Goodluck to you all.
  • beautifulsparkles
    beautifulsparkles Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I have Bipolar. I'm tired a lot.
  • jacqueline0821
    jacqueline0821 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I am bipolar, have anxiety, and currently being diagnosed with sleep apnea. I have been stable with medication and therapy in regards to my bipolar disorder for 2.5 years now. My anxiety is mostly under control but spikes from time to time. The sleep apnea will be tested mid-April. I have gained a ton of weight over the years and tend to blame it on the depression swings but I know that it is mainly an excuse since I been stable and don't have a problem leaving the house.