Anyone doing T-25 Shaun T's workout

Options
I just did my first week worth of workout on the alpha side. Any one else doing it?

Replies

• Lana4639
    Lana4639 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I did week one until I got to the ab interval day and I could hardly move or sit. In fact my back still slightly hurts but I'll be pushing into week 2. Feel free to add me.
  • ensevn
    ensevn Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It is a butt kicker.... But honestly a great workout! Keep it up and stick with it!
  • DanyellMcGinnis
    DanyellMcGinnis Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Finished two rounds all the way through gamma a year or two ago. Then stopped exercising for awhile and now here I am. Will probably work the more cardio-heavy workouts back into my routine at some point.
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I'm on the second to last week of Beta cycle! Profile picture is 8 weeks of T25 results (not following the diet). I'm ready to hit gama!
  • Soundwave79
    Soundwave79 Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I started with T25 three years ago and I can totally empathize with the soreness. Just remember you're using your muscles and body in a way it hasn't been used in a long time. The DOMS can be intense. But just push through and it will get better. It's a great program and that Alpha phase is designed to get your lower body and core ready for the Beta Phase. Don't feel pressured to move onto Beta until you can do those Alpha vids without modifying alot. I went through the Alpha three times before i was ready to move on. Just stretch those calves, quads, and abductors often. One big issue with T25 is the lack of warmup/stretch and I tweaked an Achilles the first time I attempted it.
  • jasRileyAd
    jasRileyAd Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    ensevn wrote: »
    It is a butt kicker.... But honestly a great workout! Keep it up and stick with it!

Have you done the workout
  • jasRileyAd
    Options
    Finished two rounds all the way through gamma a year or two ago. Then stopped exercising for awhile and now here I am. Will probably work the more cardio-heavy workouts back into my routine at some point.

There are a lot of lunges in alpha lol I just started my week 2 cardio in alpha but I didn't do the stretch yet
  • jasRileyAd
    Options
    engodwin wrote: »
    I'm on the second to last week of Beta cycle! Profile picture is 8 weeks of T25 results (not following the diet). I'm ready to hit gama!

Nice. What kind of diet did you do? I'm just starting my 2nd week of alpha today but I still need to do stretch
  • jasRileyAd
    Options
    I started with T25 three years ago and I can totally empathize with the soreness. Just remember you're using your muscles and body in a way it hasn't been used in a long time. The DOMS can be intense. But just push through and it will get better. It's a great program and that Alpha phase is designed to get your lower body and core ready for the Beta Phase. Don't feel pressured to move onto Beta until you can do those Alpha vids without modifying alot. I went through the Alpha three times before i was ready to move on. Just stretch those calves, quads, and abductors often. One big issue with T25 is the lack of warmup/stretch and I tweaked an Achilles the first time I attempted it.

Oh man thanks for the advice. There are def. Alot of squats and lunges in there. Going through the alpha 3x how were your physical results and weight loss
  • engodwin
    engodwin Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    jasRileyAd wrote: »
    engodwin wrote: »

Nice. What kind of diet did you do? I'm just starting my 2nd week of alpha today but I still need to do stretch

I used to say I do the 80/20 rule - choose "healthy" foods 80% of the time and whatever the other 20%.

Honestly though, I have some medical issues with digestion so I totally changed my eating habits starting back in November 2015. My diet is now gluten free (because of medical issues not by choice - b/c I sure do love cupcakes and Oreos!) I eat "healthy" 95% of the time now - what I mean by healthy: nothing that comes in a box or can or bag. (Dry beans and rice would be the exception.) I cook at home every day! Although, I have started to experiment with a few packaged things like crackers, bread, and wraps - gluten free - but if I can't identify something on the ingredient list, then I don't eat it. I also reduced (not eliminated) alcohol - I like wine! I monitored my calories to ensure that I was eating at a deficit to lose some of that 20 lbs that found my midsection last year. :D (I'm 5'1, 105lbs - I ate between 1300-1500 calories a day. I'm experimenting with this number currently.)

I LOVE the stretch "workout"