Healthy recipes my four year old will also eat?

Options
Hey everyone! I am trying to lose some much needed weight. However I am on a limited income and what I eat, is what my son eats. Any small child friendly, healthy, recipe ideas?
* He is allergic to most sea foods, and I am allergic to peanut butter*

Replies

• sjanbrown
    sjanbrown Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Look on pinterest at weight watchers recipes, there are tons of ideas
  • ElviraMarieCerri
    ElviraMarieCerri Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You said it yourself--your child will eat what you eat. Think crunchy, bright colors, (if you must- fun shapes). Start out with a tablespoon or two as a serving. We ALWAYS had a fruit bowl in the kitchen, fresh, unpeeled, in season - and in small sizes, which are usually cheaper than the larger ones. If you are enthusiastic about what you are eating FOR YOURSELF, that should engender some interest. Don't TELL him how good it tastes, that immediately is a signal that it's to be avoided. Dish yourself first. Don't season things too much for kids - their taste buds are more sensitive that adults' are. Good luck.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    You can eat whatever did before just eat less of it. No need to change.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    Options
    Some of our go-to dishes that I have kept on hand at all times.

Cauliflower macaroni and cheese:
    Take one chopped head of cauliflower, steam in a small amount of water until tender. Puree cauliflower, add 4-6oz extra sharp cheese, and season to taste – I use adobo OR salt/pepper/mustard powder. Freeze in ice cube trays until frozen, transfer to a labeled freezer bag. To serve, microwave as many cubes as needed and mix with cooked pasta or a mixture of cooked broccoli and pasta. This can also be used as a cheese sauce for veggies.

Chicken/squash nuggets:
    Shred 1-2 yellow squash or zucchini and squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Mix with 1lb ground chicken, 1 egg, seasoning, form into “nuggets” and bread with your choice of bread crumb. Bake at 425 for 15-18 minutes on a lightly greased cooling rack on a cookie sheet. Cool and freeze on a cookie sheet. Once frozen, transfer to a labeled freezer bag. To serve, microwave until thawed or bake for a crisp exterior.

Turkey/zucchini meatballs:
    Shred 1-2 zucchini and squeeze most of the liquid out. Mix with 1lb ground turkey, 1 egg, seasoning, parmesan cheese, and choice of bread crumb. Bake at 425 for 15-18 minutes. Cool and freeze on a cookie sheet. Once frozen, transfer to a labeled freezer bag. To serve, microwave until thawed or simmer in sauce.