Reproductive Endocronologist In Alaska

Options
Hello All i will be moving to anchorage in about 2 1/2 months and I was hoping that someone out there in MFP world could recommend a good RE. I have PCOS any help or information about some dr. in the area woudl be greatly appreciated.Thanks

Candy

Replies

• tlcAK
    tlcAK Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    http://www.akwomenshealth.com/index.html

Welcome to Anchorage (a little early I know but just thought I'd say hi) The website above is to a women's clinic that you can contact. It is very popular and many people use their clinic. I personally don't have experience with them yet but I am changing my gyno to them soon. Hope this helps.
  • MrBrown72
    MrBrown72 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    You should find most medical professions in Anchorage. However I know it's probably a bit too late but DON'T GO TO ALASKA!!

Sorry I was stuck up there for 5 years watching the endless litter on the roadside pass by on my way to work every day. It's cold and the people think weed is one of the food groups.

Other than that, have fun!
  • tlcAK
    Options
    You should find most medical professions in Anchorage. However I know it's probably a bit too late but DON'T GO TO ALASKA!!

Sorry I was stuck up there for 5 years watching the endless litter on the roadside pass by on my way to work every day. It's cold and the people think weed is one of the food groups.

Other than that, have fun!

Wow, Thanks...
    I don't think that...and litter is everywhere in every state and it's not as bad as you make it sound. I take part in the highway clean up every year and I don't think its that bad. I love Alaska. I've been here 20 years.
  • DrAJ84
    DrAJ84 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hello All i will be moving to anchorage in about 2 1/2 months and I was hoping that someone out there in MFP world could recommend a good RE. I have PCOS any help or information about some dr. in the area woudl be greatly appreciated.Thanks

Candy

Look up docs on www.socrei.org there is a feature on the website that lets you look up physicians/members by state. I have PCOS too and have a great doctor that is a member (society for reproductive endocrinology and infertility.)
  • mzbehaven1
    mzbehaven1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    you are an a** to say that to someone. what ditch were you in? were you speaking about the people or trash? spring clean-up happens every year and the people here are proud of Alaska. keep your crappy opinions to yourself.
  • tlcAK
    Options
    you are an a** to say that to someone. what ditch were you in? were you speaking about the people or trash? spring clean-up happens every year and the people here are proud of Alaska. keep your crappy opinions to yourself.

:) Thank you!! Well said!
  • tlcAK
    Options
    http://www.anchoragewomensclinic.com/services

here is another place too. Just so that you can compare :)
  • tlcAK
    Options
    http://www.anchoragewomensclinic.com/services

here is another place too. Just so that you can compare :)

I got the two mixed up...and this is the one that I was thinking of that a lot of my friends use :)
  • MsCandyLynn
    MsCandyLynn Posts: 123
    Options
    My hubby is Air Force We really don't get the choice hahah...but thanks anyhow ;)
  • MsCandyLynn
    Options
    tlcAK i have checked out those website and i really appreciate it..i am going ot be making some phone calls here in the next couple of weeks...as for going to AK me and my hubby are actually really excited not often you get these kind of oppurtunities...thanks for your help
  • psb13
    psb13 Posts: 629
    Options
    sorry, can't help you with the dr part, but we spent a total of 8 years in anchorage. only left to move back east to be near elderly parents. absolutely LOVED it there!!! it's beautiful and very friendly!! we still talk about retiring there some day. hope you love it as much as we did!! best of luck!! :bigsmile:
  • MsCandyLynn
    Options

Candy

Look up docs on www.socrei.org there is a feature on the website that lets you look up physicians/members by state. I have PCOS too and have a great doctor that is a member (society for reproductive endocrinology and infertility.)
    thank you i will check it out... im looking for a dr that will help me with an IUI i was suppose to do one here but we got the orders..i have done several rounds of clomid and though it helps me ovulate apparently it does other things that are TMI..i really appreciate the help!
  • MrBrown72
    MrBrown72 Posts: 407 Member
    Options

Normally I would have just offered an opinion and left it at that. Regardless of what else I may say here the Armed forces bases are a world onto themselves and some of the safest places in the world to raise healthy, well educated, and well adjusted children.

That said, back to being an *kitten* for whatever imagined reason. If you'd like to offer something concrete I'd be happy to hear them. Just because I'm an *kitten* doesn't make me incorrect pumpkin.

However if you're not concerned with raising children in the US capital for Rape, Assault, drunk driving and a contender for murder and teen pregnancy, I'm sure Alaska is a wonderful place.

Absolutely I have no idea what I'm talking about.
    http://www.walletpop.com/photos/most-dangerous-states/
    No. 7: Alaska
    Alaska is plagued with having the highest number of rape cases. There could be a correlation with alcohol abuse, also known to plague the state.

Rankings in Crime (out of 50 states)
    (1 = Worst, 50 = Best)
    Assault: 4
    Burglary: 34
    Murder: 15
    Motor Vehicle Theft: 16
    Rape: 1
    Robbery: 34
    Or;
    http://www.city-data.com/city/Anchorage-Alaska.html
    Great graphs on crime here. Even compares to the US average.
  • JadazV
    JadazV Posts: 26
    Options
    Oh good Lord. I was going to visit Alaska as part of a cruise i'm going on this summer. MrBrown is making me think second thoughts. *oh boy!* Well, paid my ticket and the cruise is 3 weeks away. Can't change my mind now. Maybe I should stay on the ship?

*mutters: Be brave!!*
  • tlcAK
    Options

Normally I would have just offered an opinion and left it at that. Regardless of what else I may say here the Armed forces bases are a world onto themselves and some of the safest places in the world to raise healthy, well educated, and well adjusted children.

That said, back to being an *kitten* for whatever imagined reason. If you'd like to offer something concrete I'd be happy to hear them. Just because I'm an *kitten* doesn't make me incorrect pumpkin.

However if you're not concerned with raising children in the US capital for Rape, Assault, drunk driving and a contender for murder and teen pregnancy, I'm sure Alaska is a wonderful place.

Absolutely I have no idea what I'm talking about.
    http://www.walletpop.com/photos/most-dangerous-states/
    No. 7: Alaska
    Alaska is plagued with having the highest number of rape cases. There could be a correlation with alcohol abuse, also known to plague the state.

Rankings in Crime (out of 50 states)
    (1 = Worst, 50 = Best)
    Assault: 4
    Burglary: 34
    Murder: 15
    Motor Vehicle Theft: 16
    Rape: 1
    Robbery: 34
    Or;
    http://www.city-data.com/city/Anchorage-Alaska.html
    Great graphs on crime here. Even compares to the US average.

You know...
    I don't even have words for you right now. I love it ihere. I think its wonderful. My husband was born and raised here and I've lived most of my life here. I wasn't a pregnent teen, I went to college I've got a college degree, I'm working on my masters, I have a child with my husband... I think Alaska is a great place to raise a child. I learned how to fish and hunt. etc.
    OMG the things I'd love to say but I just wont to you MrBrown72. I wish you would just drop it. Just because you hated Alaska doesn't mean everyone should. You should let people make their own opinions. As for crime...it happens everywhere. Watch the news... you can find more violent crimes else where that are making headlines. .... Just drop it all ready