living and working conditions will change for a month gaining back weight

Options
I will not be able to workout like I was for a month and the hotel I'm in I can't cook in the last week I have gain weight and I have been running twice a day with strength training I was a happy 212 now I'm back up to 220 I can't let all the work I put in be for nothing need advice on what to do about food and all when your routine has changed

Replies

• Dandelie
    Dandelie Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Do you have access to a microwave?

If you do, you could try to spend your day off making up large batches of your meals, weigh them out, and freeze them. That way you could grab one with your snacks and take it to work. This is the time for preparing if you cannot cook your food there.
  • dagloman
    dagloman Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    microwave yes but I had to fly out here that's why I didn't do the food prep
  • Bbeliever215
    Bbeliever215 Posts: 234 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Right now, it sounds like water weight due to the running twice daily and weight training. I would increase water intake and definitely take advantage of the microwave. You may just have to visit the market (fresh or frozen veggies and protein)daily but at least it will help you control your calorie allotment. Also try and get some protein bars for snacks as insurance so to speak, if you cannot make it to the market or just short on time.
  • namelesshere
    namelesshere Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    At your new destination, visit the market to get items you can prep on the fly. Frozen veggies, maybe some of the healthier frozen entrees, fresh fruit, sandwiches etc. You can do this. Do you have an in room fridge? If not, it will be nightly trips to the market or purchase an inexpensive cooler and stock with ice to keep your foods cool.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I travel frequently occasionally with my job. I try to book hotels with workout facilities so I can keep up the cardio, and a find a local market with things I can eat for breakfast (oatmeal packets I can make with the room coffee pot, fresh fruit, and Luna bars) and lunch ( hummus, whole grain crackers, carrot sticks), and then try to choose a reasonable dinner.