Is 1260 too little calories a day?

Options
I am just wondering because i am not losing any weight.... and I have been doing this for a while. Giver me your opinion I am 5'4 143 lbs I burn about 400-500 calories mwf and about 150-200 t th sa---- doing zumba and c25k most of the times

Replies

• iwillsoonbeslim
    Options
    Are you netting 1260? Or only eating 1260?
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I am just wondering because i am not losing any weight.... and I have been doing this for a while. Giver me your opinion I am 5'4 143 lbs I burn about 400-500 calories mwf and about 150-200 t th sa---- doing zumba and c25k most of the times

Are you replacing the calories you're burning from exercise?
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    you should be eating at least half of the caloires that you burn....you should be netting at least 1200 calories a day...good luck
  • shellb59
    shellb59 Posts: 2
    Options
    First off I would say by your picture you are a beautiful young woman, sometimes you need to trick your body and add 200 cal for a few days then go back down. The hardest weight to loose is the last 20 pounds. you have done an awesome job so don't give up, but do take into consideration muscle mass and bone density.
  • AHealthierRhonda
    AHealthierRhonda Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I'm at 1200 on a no exercise day. Generally I try to burn around 500-700 cals a day and not eat back all my exercise cals. So far so good. I just changed to 1200 cals from 1340 because I wanted to lose 1.5 lbs a week. I'm 5'5.5" tall and weigh 148lbs right now. Aiming for 130.
  • jeff261159
    jeff261159 Posts: 385
    Options
    I'm on 1250 a day, Im 5ft 10" and weigh 192lbs, I dont eat back my excercise calories and am losing a steady 2lbs a week.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3", 144 lbs. I have my goals set to lose 1/2 pound per week and mfp gives me about 1460 cals. Plus, when I workout 5-6 days/week, I burn around 400-500 cals. I do eat the 1460 for sure. I sometimes eat my other cals, sometimes not. It just depends.

That said, I've not lost much of anything in some time. I know my biggest issue is the things I'm eating and I'm trying to work on that, its just though.

So, to answer your question - it depends. Maybe try to switch it up and lower your goal loss and see if that does anything for you. If you are eating more processed things - like I am - try to eat better.
  • luvmybentley
    luvmybentley Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Time to switch it up. Try a "Zone" like diet for a bit...40%healthy carbs, 30% lean protein, and 30% healthy fats. See if that shakes things up a bit. Make sure you are eating back at least half of your exercise calories.
  • kklindsey
    kklindsey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Try zig zagging your calories. I would do low-1260, medium-1400 and high 1600. tie your medium and high days to exercise days that you burn a lot of calories and keep your low days to rest days or lighter exercise days. I like to do low, medium, high, low, low, high, medium for a seven day rotation. keeps your body guessing, keeps your metabolism chugging along and on the high days you can squeeze in a treat and not feel bad.:happy: