eyes open

Options
Hi there! I have been watching the scale crawl up pound by pound as I freak out inside and grab those M&Ms to console myself. I made a decision last night to start today being proactive and active. I'm usually a very private person and do not join open discussions especially about weight but here I am. I am admitting that I need help and want support. I want to succeed in losing these 25 pounds!! Maybe I can be support for others in exchange. :)

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,622 Member
    Options
    You NEED to have a plan of action. And make it specific. Just "jumping" into with no real plan will undoubtedly lead to quick failure.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10305529/new-years-resolution-have-a-plan-of-action-to-succeed#latest

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Hopefully you've set MFP up so that you're losing 1 pound per week (or even .5 lb/week). This way you have a sensible calorie goal and a shot at success.

Also a food scale is invaluable for weight loss. Log everything you eat. Stay with it, through all the ups, downs, bumps and backslides.

I love M&M's, but we had to part ways after I ate approximately half my body weight in them over Thanksgiving. I don't restrict sweets, but M&M's are going to be a once-in-a-while treat in this house. If you have trouble foods, try keeping them out of reach for a while until you feel stronger around them.
  • shadows2424
    shadows2424 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Well I hope things work out for you. You'll get a lot of help up here.
  • amynicole4104
    amynicole4104 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    lisabraik wrote: »
    Hi there! I have been watching the scale crawl up pound by pound as I freak out inside and grab those M&Ms to console myself. I made a decision last night to start today being proactive and active. I'm usually a very private person and do not join open discussions especially about weight but here I am. I am admitting that I need help and want support. I want to succeed in losing these 25 pounds!! Maybe I can be support for others in exchange. :)

I too have a love of sweets. Especially chocolate!!! And i do not deny myself my chocolate. It would be unsafe. For others. :) I just moderate! You are in the right place. I love mfp. My husband and friends are probably tired of hearing about it LOL. I am 5 4 1/2 and want to lose another 30 to 35 pounds. I have lost about 25 so far. Feel free to add me :)