NEWBEE

Options
I'm 54.....hard age to loose weight, started this Jan. 29th at either 188 or 184.....now at 175......my goal is 140....it is taking awhile....ugh.

Replies

• Resonate_
    Resonate_ Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hey there, its taken a while?. but bit by bit, youll get there, a marathon not a sprint, and Ive said this before at your own pace you will complete the race. You will get there!! You shouldnt feel discouraged at where you are now.. your making changes.. slowly but surely. :) Keep going!
  • karen3966via
    karen3966via Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Resonate_
    Thanks for the words of encouragement.....you know.....you are right.
    Thanks.
  • Irishsugar
    Irishsugar Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    You can do this! When I was feeling a little discouraged I rolled through my friends list and saw how many people had lost so much weight here. They started where we are... And even a pound a week equals 4 pounds a month but then equals 48 pounds in a year... So what doesn't look like much adds up over time... Stick with this!!!
  • ima58er
    ima58er Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi. I counted the calories I was eating and lowered slightly to lose ten pounds at a time. It took one year to lose 50. Basically it's eating less with better choices. Good luck. 57 here.
  • michellesz
    michellesz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Age is just a number and in the eye of the beholder. It being hard only contributes to how much effort you are putting forth. Congrats on the progress so far. Keep working at healthy changes and incorporate exercise as much as you can and you will continue to see progress~promise!