Fitness Trackers

2»

Replies

• laurainottawa
    laurainottawa Posts: 64 Member
    smit7633 wrote: »
    The charge hr really irritates my wrist at night, as I do move around a lot during sleep, by morning my wrist is aching. Also I walk on the treadmill a lot and I don't like to swing my arms, I like to hold on and that causes the wrist tracker not to count my steps.

Try wearing the band looser at night? Mine never bothers me at night.
    For your treadmill steps, tuck it into your pants. When I'm doing a lot with my hands, and don't want am movements counted as steps, I put my Charge HR on my hip, tucked into my underwear. This way, it's still on my skin so my heart rate is still tracked, and tracks just my steps.

• smit7633
    smit7633 Posts: 182 Member
    It never occurred to me that it would work I'd I didn't have it on my wrist. Good to know Laura!
    The charge hr really irritates my wrist at night, as I do move around a lot during sleep, by morning my wrist is aching. Also I walk on the treadmill a lot and I don't like to swing my arms, I like to hold on and that causes the wrist tracker not to count my steps.

Try wearing the band looser at night? Mine never bothers me at night.
    For your treadmill steps, tuck it into your pants. When I'm doing a lot with my hands, and don't want am movements counted as steps, I put my Charge HR on my hip, tucked into my underwear. This way, it's still on my skin so my heart rate is still tracked, and tracks just my steps.

• appleda
    appleda Posts: 1 Member
    I am wearing a Garmin Vivofit HR and it is awesome.
    PROS - waterproof, alerts, accurate heart rate monitoring that quickly picks up spikes (so it registers High Intensity activities and weightlifting, and is not affected much by arm swings), accurate pedometer even though I use my hands a lot at work, decent app, syncs seamlessly with MFP and a few other apps, can tell when I am sleeping without starting a session, allows me to edit sleep and activity sessions (in case it makes a mistake), relatively inexpensive ($150), perfect screen size for alerts, able to customize the info that shows on the device, comfy (I only take it off to charge it), compatible with my apple phone and my windows phone, motivational messages on my least active day...there is not much I don't like about it
    CONS - needs recharging about every five days, the app stores no info on your phone, so you cannot see anything when you're not connected...
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    I have a Misfit Shine/Swarovski crystal tracker. It does everything my Fitbit used to do but my Fitbit died four times in one year - one only lasted three weeks! To be fair, the Fitbit company replaced every one of the dead trackers without complaint. The Misfit uses a disposable battery, so no charging, and it's pretty enough to wear even if it wasn't a tracker.

Jk6QY9z.jpg

JDkim4w.png

• smit7633
    Misfit's swarovski crystal tracker certainly is attractive, it's new right? I'd love to hear from you in a few months about how well it's held up for you! It's gorgeous!
  • BigSouthsWifey
    BigSouthsWifey Posts: 10 Member
    I just pre-ordered the Under Armour UA Band. It's waterproof and does everything except for help you find your phone, which the Garmin does and I ALMOST went for that one. I have to have waterproof as I'm a Barista and we're constantly spilling stuff. Lol
  • smit7633
    Can't wait to hear how you like it. Keep us updated once you receive it and had a chance to test drive it!
    I just pre-ordered the Under Armour UA Band. It's waterproof and does everything except for help you find your phone, which the Garmin does and I ALMOST went for that one. I have to have waterproof as I'm a Barista and we're constantly spilling stuff. Lol

• pichiPurinsesu
    pichiPurinsesu Posts: 776 Member
    i heard the basis Peak is meant to be quite an accurate wrist monitor, but you can't beat a chest monitor :)
  • dollydiva2
    dollydiva2 Posts: 71 Member
    Fitbit Charge HR.
    Not having any problems with the battery, as I don't have it on all day sync.
    Definitely gets me moving more, I like seeing what I'm burning everyday.
    I like the weekly email progress report....so far my projected weight loss on it has been spot on.
  • LTStoerm
    LTStoerm Posts: 17 Member
    Hello everyone. My VivoFit is getting here this week. I was just wondering what y'all set your daily activities at on your profiles. Seems if I'm going to use my Fit for all my calories burned it should be at Sedentary, but I just wanted to see what others were doing. Thanks.
  • smit7633
    Usually MFP will tell you how to setup tour profile when you go through and link the two apps but yes,you should have your activity level set at sedentary as you don't want to double count any calories Burnes figures.
    LTStoerm wrote: »
    Hello everyone. My VivoFit is getting here this week. I was just wondering what y'all set your daily activities at on your profiles. Seems if I'm going to use my Fit for all my calories burned it should be at Sedentary, but I just wanted to see what others were doing. Thanks.

• LTStoerm
    LTStoerm Posts: 17 Member
    Usually MFP will tell you how to setup tour profile when you go through and link the two apps but yes,you should have your activity level set at sedentary as you don't want to double count any calories Burnes figures.
    LTStoerm wrote: »

Thanks
  • musikplayr
    musikplayr Posts: 29 Member
    Didn't read all posts, but, Garmin Vivofit 2. Love it. Comes with heart rate chest strap. HTH!