Need some advice

Options
I posted on general forum too so if you saw it and replied there just ignore! I joined mfp a few years ago and did great. I exercised most day. I did treadmill every night and Jillian Michaels 30ds. I lost 25ish pounds and a few pant sizes in just a few months time. Well things happened and I stopped logging and exercising and I gradually put the weight back on over the last 3 years. Most of it in the last year. I am ready to make the permanent change and make it stick!! So i rejoined and I have been doing great with calories and eating healthy. I'm never hungry and some days have to make myself eat my goal. Lol. I have lost around 25 pounds total (about 10 since rejoining mfp). My problem? Exercise! I have lost the same amount on the scale but haven't had the same results because I am unable to exercise like last time. While I am happy losing weight, I want to lose inches too. I have tried to exercise lately but because of many issues I just can't. I have cspine issues which cause pain in my neck and both arms. Tspine and l spine issues which cause back and leg pain. Plantar fasciitis in both feet. And elbow, knee and hip pain. I feel like I'm old and falling apart!!!!
What is left to do? I do spend a lot of time on my feet and walking at work but by the time I get home more waliking is out. I have to rely on pain meds just to keep working. I do some outdoor activities on the Saturdays (like walking in the woods) but I generally pay for it Sunday. Which is a shame, because I do enjoy being active!!
Anyway, I would love to hear any ideas for more exercise!! I want to be healthy skinny. Fitness model not runway model skinny :)

I am 5 4 1/2
SW 195ish
CW 17 1ish
UGW 135?

Thanks in advance!!

Eta-I also feel like I should mention I can't join a gym right now for pool exercise. I just can't afford it at the moment. I do plan on joining as soon as I get some bills paid though!! I know that will benefit me tremendously (in more than just weight loss). But idk in the meantime?:(

Replies

• SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    I'm not quite sure i understand what you are asking. Do you want to lose weight or be a fitness model? If you want to be a fitness model that requires a lot of exercise which you say you can't do. If you want to lose weight, thats just calorie deficit.
  • Yisrael1981
    Yisrael1981 Posts: 132 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    can you explain a bit more what your obstacles are with exercise I.e. is it only exercise with your feet which is the problem..
  • amynicole4104
    amynicole4104 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    SonyaCele wrote: »
    I'm not quite sure i understand what you are asking. Do you want to lose weight or be a fitness model? If you want to be a fitness model that requires a lot of exercise which you say you can't do. If you want to lose weight, thats just calorie deficit.

Not really sure why you had the need to reply? You either didn't actually read my post or you are trying to be snotty. So why waste your time to reply?
  • amynicole4104
    amynicole4104 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    can you explain a bit more what your obstacles are with exercise I.e. is it only exercise with your feet which is the problem..

Not just feet. I have neck and back issues. And knees elbows and hip pain. I have recently tried walking on a tread mill. That was too much for my lower body. I tried Jillian Michaels 30ds but that was hard on my neck and back. Another mfper suggested yoga or pilates and I will look into that. A pool will be great once I am able to get a membership!! Just looking for any ideas in the meantime. I realize I am quite limited. That's why I posted here. Just looking for things I haven't thought of. Thank you for the reply! !!