Weight loss pills?

Options
I've been taking raspberry ketone but didn't know if there is anything better to take

Replies

• MondayJune22nd2015
    MondayJune22nd2015 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    They're all a scam, the only weight you'll lose; is water & money, so your purse/wallet'll also weigh less.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Nothing better, nothing worse. They're all worthless.
  • lukos05
    lukos05 Posts: 39 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    What are you looking for in a weight loss supplement? There is no pill that has been proven to help you lose weight (except for the only one FDA approved), but some can aid in digestion, satiation, and performance. If it is something Dr. Oz recommended, I'd probably avoid it. Caffeine is the number one weight loss ingredient in most performance-enhancing drugs and it is extensively studied, but it is best if used in conjunction with exercise. Most pills that 'help you fight cravings' are basically some type of fiber that expands with the copious amounts of water that it suggests you drink with it. Others help with bloating, more so than weightloss, by promoting digestion, aka, they make you poop. Probiotics and fiber supplements are among these. If the label says 'detox,' it really means it will make you sweat, urinate, or have regular bowels, that is all. Most of the items on the market have gone unstudied regarding reactions with pharmaceuticals and other supplements, so you need to really be aware of what you are taking. Most performance enhancers have warnings about cardiac changes like a racing heartbeat and palpitations or can jack up your blood pressure. Others, like chromium, can cause drops in blood sugar. So, buyer beware.
  • lexylondon
    lexylondon Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I've found that orlistat will work if your having some amount of fat in your diet (and it will DEFINITELY let you know if you've had too much fat!) I'm pretty sure it was the pesto that made me crap my pants on my morning (thankfully alone) walk many moons ago...
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    I've been taking raspberry ketone but didn't know if there is anything better to take

Nothing is better than raspberry ketones ;)