Night Shifts? How do you log food on them?

Options
2»

Replies

• rmntrose2
    rmntrose2 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I used to work nights at a group home. I would take ensures or slimfast with me depending on how I felt. But I was also homeless/just getting back on my feet at the time and stressed beyond appetite and lacked appetizing food too. So drinking meals made It easier for me to stomach them and helped me get my desire for food back. That being said, it worked for me in that situation. But night shifts also always messed up my stomach especially if I didn't sleep during the day. I can't say my advice is really all that healthy but it is practical and has to be more healthy than junk food. I would stay away from slimfast though. I've learned too much since then. But liquids of some sort like soup maybe be easier on your stomach if you get the same issues I get. But ensures, or protein bars like powerbar, or nutragrain bar, might help keep things manageable along with tons of water also. Preportioned raisins, or nuts ,dried fruit.....I started taking those as my money and appetite came back. Also plan out your snacks before work, take them with you and stick to it. It has to be cheaper than the vending machine or gas station Crap you're probably eating anyway. Just some ideas, take what you can and leave the rest.
  • rats2010
    rats2010 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I log in blocks: 12a-8a, 8a-3p, 3p-12a
    This way it doesn't matter what shift I work or when I eat (not unusual to get up and make dinner at 3am in my house), it is logged the same. This especially works well when I work a night shift and stay up all day afterwards. Some days are over, some under- it all evens out in the week.
  • rebelcurly2
    rebelcurly2 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I try not to eat any food/snack, only drink one energy drink or coconut water. Then get home after work and sleep first thing in morning. I eat after I woke up at afternoon. Eating any snack at night-morning make me to lose control. If I'm too hungry and have to eat, I limited myself to a 100 calories snack. It was only thing that worked for me. I log after midnight.
  • sallymason88
    sallymason88 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    midnight to midnight too. even on rest days.
  • hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I log food when I eat it. I really don't care if I have my logging separated into special meals though. But I log it on the day I eat it.
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    CBAOW wrote: »
    My usual roster is 4 day shifts then 7 night shifts over a 12 day period, with 1 day "off" in between to transition (I say "off" because I do actually work on that day, just not til 10pm). Looking at the weekly average will be useful at the times when my roster is a bit more forgiving though, thanks.

This is what I do. I've been logging my food on here for years now like this. I really don't think about the time of day I am eating. I just log a breakfast, lunch and dinner no matter what time I ate them. On work days for example, breakfast is at 5 pm, on my days off it's around 9 am.