not losing any weight

Options
Hi .. I just don't get it.. most days I walk 12000 steps and then bike 5 miles to work and back. I eat a good breakfast, mainly veg for lunch and most of the time eat sensibly .. but I can't maintain it. On Friday I ended up bidging on 4 cup cakes and and 4 bikes which was around 800 cals.. yesterday I ate too much and today I did the same. I am soon to not fit in my clothes coz I have now put on 10lbs... I don't know what I am doing and why I am sabotaging myself. Can anyone please offer me advise.. I am thinking trying to stick to 1300 cals a day is too little. I just don't have the chance to have some treats along the way. I can't do more exercise than I am doing as it makes me more hungry ..xx

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    1300 calories at your activity level is probably not appropriate for you and that's why your body is sending you signals to eat more.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Considering the OP is gaining on supposedly 1300 cams, the only logical conclusion is that she is not eating 1300 very often or overestimating the burn from walks and short bike rides. Clearly the deficit isn't happening or she wouldn't be gaining.
  • cories96
    cories96 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Having the same issue. Lift for 45 minutes then 30 minutes of cardio 6 days a week. 1800 calories a day. Haven't lost an ounce.
  • cories96
    cories96 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    cories96 wrote: »
    Having the same issue. Lift for 45 minutes then 30 minutes of cardio 6 days a week. 1800 calories a day. Haven't lost an ounce.

Just dropped to 1200 cal. We'll see..
  • slimandsmiling
    slimandsmiling Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Yes I am going up to 1500 cals today so I can keep within cal.goal and hopefully feel more with the program.Will see if that helps. I don't even log the biking I do...so must be logging wrong and fitbit logs cal.burn from walking.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    4 cupcakes is a lot more than 800 calories
  • amandacagle560
    amandacagle560 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Hey @slimandsmiling !! I totally understand your struggle. I was stuck in an awful rut not too long ago. I was working out, but just had no self control when it came to eating. I broke down and bought myself an all natural, weight loss system. Suppresses appetite, increases energy, and detoxes your body. It made a world of difference for me!
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Hey @slimandsmiling !! I totally understand your struggle. I was stuck in an awful rut not too long ago. I was working out, but just had no self control when it came to eating. I broke down and bought myself an all natural, weight loss system. Suppresses appetite, increases energy, and detoxes your body. It made a world of difference for me!

OP (and anyone else reading the above) - DISREGARD THIS.