Sleep!

Options
Anyone know any sleep remedies?

Replies

• 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    Youtube have many sleep hypnosis videos you could try. They are very relaxing. I use them most nights
  • michelleg85
    michelleg85 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I use melatonin. Low dosage. It's not something I would use as a long term fix, but for those times you can't just settle the body/mind and get into rest mode, it can really help. I used it when I was posted to the North Pole and having to work//sleep really weird hours (and in 24 hour darkness - so my body was confused). It really has helped me... and sometimes I wonder if it is just a placebo effect, but for less than 10 bucks a bottle, totally still worth it. Excuse my lack of scientific knowledge regarding it for those of you who may read this and want to correct me - feel free.
  • LornaDrach
    LornaDrach Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I use Melatonin on nights when I can't sleep. Usually 3 mg does the trick and I get a good nights sleep.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    2essie wrote: »
    Youtube have many sleep hypnosis videos you could try. They are very relaxing. I use them most nights

This sort of thing is my go-to. Try to keep wake-up/bed times consistent. Try to expose yourself to red lights at night not blue lights if you can. Try not to look at my phone too much as I'm trying to sleep. The light can trigger you to stay awake and looking up stuff can keep your mind from relaxing. Hot shower. As your body starts cooling from the hot shower it mimics the way our bodies cool down at bed time.
  • DatGuy_Bry
    DatGuy_Bry Posts: 9 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Benadryl makes you drowsy. I take it during allergy season and it knocks me out.