Looking for weight loss friends to help me on this journey!

Options
Hey y'all. I just finished my first week using MFP and exercising. Quick back story: I am 32yrs old, 5'7, 216lbs. I've been overweight my entire life and I'm just...tired. Tired of looking in the mirror and hating what I see. I havent been under 200 since middle school. It has colored my whole life, being the fat girl. So I'm working hard to make a change. I would LOVE to have some friends who are going through similar struggles. I have issues with depression and anxiety and always seem to sabotage myself and become overwhelmed with the whole process. At this moment, I am proud of making it through week 1, although I'm anxious about weighing in. Is it working? Am I doing enough? Anyway, please feel free to add me! Thank you.

Replies

• hafezalsayed
    hafezalsayed Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all. I just finished my first week using MFP and exercising. Quick back story: I am 32yrs old, 5'7, 216lbs. I've been overweight my entire life and I'm just...tired. Tired of looking in the mirror and hating what I see. I havent been under 200 since middle school. It has colored my whole life, being the fat girl. So I'm working hard to make a change. I would LOVE to have some friends who are going through similar struggles. I have issues with depression and anxiety and always seem to sabotage myself and become overwhelmed with the whole process. At this moment, I am proud of making it through week 1, although I'm anxious about weighing in. Is it working? Am I doing enough? Anyway, please feel free to add me! Thank you.

I am supporting you . I am also willing to lose 30 kg. I already lost 3.5 kg in 10 days. Running and diet work very well. You just have to put your ambition high and never fall for unhealthy food again !
    Life will change trust me. It is just a 6 months and time is passing by so fast so yeah !!
    Lets lose fat !!!!
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm also 5'7". Started at 205 and currently around 189. I'll send you a request
  • jennie83211
    jennie83211 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Week one down 4.8lbs! I know every week won't be so high, but it's good motivation to keep on truckin! And today was the first day my projected week in 5 weeks had a 1 in the front. Getting under 200 is my first major goal, so I'm feeling pretty excited :smile:
  • trinty425
    trinty425 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Grats on your first week loss! Feel free to add me!
  • jennie83211
    jennie83211 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Onamissionforfit
    Onamissionforfit Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I've been overweight for the past nine years at 33yrs. I started my journey one year and three months ago and just downloaded this app today. It has taken me awhile to get the results I got today so don't get discouraged. Feel free to add. :)
  • amymariajames
    amymariajames Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    You can count me in too.i weight 172 pounds and am really looking forward to lose it
  • adarsh88
    adarsh88 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This app is awesome have lost 18 kgs so far and tracked all the calories with the app ... Still a long way to go have to loose another 10 kgs . I am using this for more than a year but first time came into the community coloum to help and get help . You can add me
  • adarsh88
    adarsh88 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    This app is awesome have lost 18 kgs so far and tracked all the calories with the app ... Still a long way to go have to loose another 10 kgs . I am using this for more than a year but first time came into the community coloum to help and get help . You can add me
  • BethMilledge
    BethMilledge Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me