Help I need motivation

Options
jojohayman
jojohayman Posts: 7 Member
Since Christmas I have gained 11lbs and just cannot shift it, I start my week very good but get easily side tracked and binge I'm even lieing to myself about the calories I've eaten! Has anyone got any tips for me to stay focused?

Replies

• pichiPurinsesu
    pichiPurinsesu Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    meal plan - if you plan your meals and snacks you can stay on track easier i feel :)
  • sparklebunnbunn
    sparklebunnbunn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Have you been on MFP for long? If I'm having a hard time making good choices I find it helpful to look back in my diary to a period where I was losing lots of weight, model your meal plan from there and you'll get similar results :smile:
  • jiveturkey32
    jiveturkey32 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Get good sleep, snack on nuts and veggies (snap peas are good) and make time for activity... i know first hand how hard it is to lose weight and it is super hard for me too. Stay relentless!
  • jojohayman
    Options
    jojohayman wrote: »
    Since Christmas I have gained 11lbs and just cannot shift it, I start my week very good but get easily side tracked and binge I'm even lieing to myself about the calories I've eaten! Has anyone got any tips for me to stay focused?
    Non_Stop wrote: »

Yes...stop over eating and start being accountable to yourself.

• jojohayman
    Options
    Thank you all for your tips I've been quite strict with myself this last week so fingers crossed in back on it...... Been doing mfp nearly a year now and have gone back to see what I was eating and have copied a couple of days from the beginning X
  • bdgfn
    bdgfn Posts: 7,719 Member
    Options
    Reaching out is a good step. It shows you have a desire to do what you know you need to do to get yourself healthy. However, your thread started out with "Help, I need motivation". Motivation will never come from outside of yourself. If you do not have the motivation, no one else will give it to you. So, my suggestion to you is this...do whatever you need to do to remind yourself daily why you want to lose weight and get healthy. Were you at a normal weight at a younger age? Were you ever really healthy, maybe active in sports? If so, find some photos of yourself from those days and post them around the house where you will see them. Maybe keep a photo or two in your purse. Post some around your desk at work. If you don't have these kind of photos, find some that are, realistically, how you want to see yourself in a reasonable time frame, print them and post them. Once you have gotten some motivation from yourself, others can help you stay motivated. I wish you all the best as you move through this journey!