ENCOURAGEMENT

Options
There are a lot of frustrated people out there this week and it seems like everyone is so focused on the negative that they cannot look at what is right in front of them. First off, you joined MFP, it took guts to say, "I have a weight issue and I need help"! Second, for those who complain that they are working out 5 days a week and the scale isn't going down, well....you could not have done this much working out when you first joined so pat yourselves on the back. Finally, the number on the scale is not a reflection of who you are. Granted, the whole point of this site is to reduce those numbers but come on....if you are working out and eating healthy, then that is half of the battle isnt it. We all have bad weeks and we all vent about them but look at the lifelong, healthy lifestyle that you are making for yourselves...be happy about that if nothing else :flowerforyou:

Replies

• RNewton4269
    RNewton4269 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Well said :)
  • NicoleRN2013
    NicoleRN2013 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Wow, you hit the nail on the head. Well said!
  • charmainecurrie
    Options
    sooo true :)
  • cpratt55
    cpratt55 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I read a quote on one of the members blogs the other day and it's so appropriate for what you are saying.....
    "I may not be where I want to be, but I'm not where I used to be." I look at that every morning because it reminds me of how far I've come :)
  • sfphill
    sfphill Posts: 19
    Options
    Thank you for posting this. Sometimes the negative just gets overwhelming so we have to have somebody remind us of the good we've done.

Thank you! :heart:
  • Christiane81
    Options
    I love that!