Desk Drawer Snacks?

Options
I recently got an office job and I am looking for healthy snacks I can put in my desk drawer. We have a lot of people and limited refrigerator space in our office so perishable items aren't feasible. Any ideas? I currently keep some apple sauce pouches and a can of cashews in my drawer.

Replies

• puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    A jar of peanut butter, a box of crackers, and microwave popcorn. These may not be the healthiest depending on your definition, but I generally make them fit within my calories for the day, and they help keep me full.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    My credenza drawer- aka desk pantry - has instant oatmeal packets, popcorn, nuts, kind bars, pretzels, a jar of PB2, a few hard candies, a can of progresso soup, and a baggie of my protein powder. I dont go in there too much since I bring pretty much everything I eat to work daily in my lunch bag w/ an ice pack.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Tuna. Cans of sparkling water, granola, nuts.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Pouches or cans of tuna for lunch are good. I portion nuts into snack bags instead of having a whole can.(Personally I would eat the whole thing a few at a time though a day.) Instant oatmeal packets(plain) and some portioned dried fruit.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    My desk draw contains:

Tinned Tuna (no drain type)
    Almonds
    Walnuts
    Tinned mackerel in tomato juice
    Snack size boxed rasins
    Protein Powder and a shaker
    White chocolate buttons
    Chilli sauce

my snacks usually flex around what cals/macros I have available and what I'm doing straight after work (weights = carbs).
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I keep cans of soup, chicken broth, chicken, tuna, instant oatmeal, rotel, protein bars, k-cups of un-sweet teas, and hard candy mints. Ditto on the Peanut Butter!
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    In my desk I have dry roasted edamame, roasted chickpeas, cans of low sodium V8, and a few Hershey's Special Dark miniatures.

Sometimes I also have granola bars and I always bring fruit to work, though I don't keep that in my desk.
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I will share a photo, since I just re-organized my drawer. Normally I would have lemon-pepper tuna packs as well. I try to keep snacks that I like well enough, but are not things I am overly excited about.

2227p8pr2gi9.jpg
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Protein bars and raw almonds and walnuts.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I keep quest protein bars, quest protein chips, tuna packages, sometimes salmon (higher fat).
  • AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I have a bag of hemp hearts and chia seeds to throw on the yogurt I bring to eat in the morning. I also have trail mix, green tea, fruit cups and sometimes granola bars. I also keep a bag of Werther's for a low calorie sweet fix when I have my afternoon sugar craving. It is only 18 calories for one and I find it pretty satisfying because you can suck on it for a while.
  • grace914
    grace914 Posts: 139 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    This is what I have this week in my drawer along with string cheese and apples. P.S. Has anyone tried the Larabar apple pie? Holy Moses! It's delicious! I definitely recommend it when you want something "cakey". 00o20x106xq8.jpg
    0229.jpg 745.7K
  • wishfuljune
    wishfuljune Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Tea packets, stevia (for sweetener), almonds/nuts, protein powder, homemade granola bars. I agree that a jar of peanut butter would also be good to have in a desk drawer.
  • smotheredincheese
    smotheredincheese Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    I always keep a box of breakfast biscuits/cereal bar type things in my desk and have one as a mid-afternoon snack with a cup of tea everyday. I used to keep all kinds of snacks in my desk, crackers, fruit and nuts, sometimes sweets, but I used to eat them mindlessly out of boredom rather than real hunger and could easily use up half of my days calories from office based snacking. So now I just keep enough in there for one snack a day, my office is in the town centre anyway so I can always go out and get something if I have a food emergency.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    black tea, fiber one streusel bars, south beach diet whipped chocolate bars, zone protein bars, vanilla bean flavor dusted almonds are in current rotation. I eat 5 times a day, so I always have something to snack on. I often bring daily snacks, but it's good to have some at work in case I forget. I also preportion snacks with a scale and snack size baggies, so I know how much I'm eating.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I keep quest protein bars, quest protein chips, tuna packages, sometimes salmon (higher fat).

@CasperNaegle - How are those quest chips? I've been thinking of trying them.
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I am on a low carb diet so my drawer is packed with sugar free candy, different flavors of almonds (smokehouse, salt and vinegar and habanero BBQ) and different flavors of tea. I really like my orange spice tea!

At home I have a snack drawer too for when hubby eats in bed & watches TV. I am bad for snacking off his plate so I have to have options. I have 90% chocolate and almonds tucked away in there too, and sometimes lily's chocolate.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,012 Member
    Options
    I usually keep Fiber One brownies, coffee cake or lemon bars in my desk. I like the individual packets of almonds and any type of cereal or granola bars. I like prepackaged things for my desk since it helps me with portion control.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    Right now I currently have:

Lara Bars
    Single serve green olives
    Sugar free applesauce
    Dried Cranberries
    Light Microwave Popcorn
    Sardines
    Canned Tuna