Looking for a 14 day jumpstart/cleanse type regime

Options
I'm looking for a type of food based cleanse, no herbs or supplements. Basically cutting out all inflammatory type foods including sugar and alcohol while kicking up metabolism and reducing inflammation. While hopefully dropping off some weight and revving weight loss up. I would like to start tomorrow so need the info to be available stat! :) THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Replies

• twittersbitters
    twittersbitters Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I could just do the idea myself but need more structure, guidelines and recipes.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Phase 1 of virtually any formal diet. Phase one of South Beach would meet your criteria.

• twittersbitters
    Options
    Phase 1 of virtually any formal diet. Phase one of South Beach would meet your criteria.

Thanks, gonna take a look...
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    queenliz99 wrote: »

This this this this this this this!!!!!!!!!!

Ignore the other garbage. Just read this.
  • twittersbitters
    Options
    Thank you for your posts. I understand. I know all that. I'm not looking for a quick fix. I'm looking for a way to refine my diet. Getting back to my healthier eating. Cutting out sugars, unhealthy carbs etc. I'm not trying to do the cabbage diet or anything!
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    Look in to Whole 30.
  • twittersbitters
    Options
    Look in to Whole 30.

Thanks Michelle. Funny you say that, that's what I've resigned myself to doing. I've done it before, its amazing, but 30 days is too much for my brain to commit to right now, so I am going to do 15 to start with.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your posts. I understand. I know all that. I'm not looking for a quick fix. I'm looking for a way to refine my diet. Getting back to my healthier eating. Cutting out sugars, unhealthy carbs etc. I'm not trying to do the cabbage diet or anything!

Why do you need a diet if all you want to do is reduce sugars and limit "unhealthy" carbs (whatever that means)- you don't need a specialized diet for it- just eat protein and veggies.

chicken and your veggie of choice for main meals and yogurts, veggies, etc for snacks. You know what you want- so go do it.
  • twittersbitters
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »

Why do you need a diet if all you want to do is reduce sugars and limit "unhealthy" carbs (whatever that means)- you don't need a specialized diet for it- just eat protein and veggies.

chicken and your veggie of choice for main meals and yogurts, veggies, etc for snacks. You know what you want- so go do it.

Yeah, I hear what you're saying, but I need some structure. Whole 30 isn't a diet, it's clean eating. Thank you for your comment.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options

Yeah, I hear what you're saying, but I need some structure. Whole 30 isn't a diet, it's clean eating. Thank you for your comment.

Here's an interesting thread on clean eating.....again whatever that means

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10337480/what-is-clean-eating/p1
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

you have structure-
    reduce daily sugar intake
    limit the types of carbs you're looking to consume.

that IS a structure.
  • drachfit
    drachfit Posts: 217 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    cleanses and other short diet type protocols are not a healthy way to approach weight loss. no diet or food can "jumpstart" your metabolism. your metabolism pretty much is what it is and the way you lose weight it by eating less than your metabolism requires each day.

the problems that arise from inflammation are due to chronic ("all the time") inflammation caused by your normal diet; reducing inflammation for 2 weeks won't help in the long run.

it's better to make simple changes to your diet that you can sustain, forever, than it is to make large, drastic, or extreme changes for just 2 short weeks and then revert back to your old habits.

reducing sugar and alcohol intake is a great goal. start by getting rid of any sodas and juices from your diet, FOREVER, not just the next 14 days. replace them with water or tea.
    the next thing to remove would be candy and any type of refined flour baked snack such as cookies, cakes, crackers and so forth. replace them with normal portions of simple carbohydrate sources at your regular meals; potato, rice, quinoa, whole wheat products, and so forth.
  • twittersbitters
    Options
    Thanks
  • ASKyle
    ASKyle Posts: 1,475 Member
    Options

It is a diet. Whatever you eat is what your diet consists of. It can be the pizza diet, ice cream diet, whole 30 diet, it doesn't matter. You may find once you take the word "diet" out of what you're eating, you will realize you can eat a wide range of satisfying foods and meet your goals.

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options

Ya, this was too much structure for me, so might be perfect for the OP.

• twittersbitters
    Options
    Yes I suppose they are all 'diets'. But whole30 is getting me back to the basics and helps with emotional eating etc. appreciate all the input.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

Whole30 was originally designed as an elimination diet to help people self-diagnose allergies or other food related problems. It's since become a weight loss protocol by people looking to make money off of book sales and ad space. It may fit some definitions of clean eating, but it's also definitely a diet in every meaning of the word.
  • twittersbitters
    Options
    Ok...fine. But as is counting calories with MFP.
    That was why I initially did it the first time; inflammation, food sensitivity and emotional eating. It helped me eat in a way that made my body operate better, got me cooking again and made me more aware of what I am putting in my body. The meals that you eat are phenomenal, real food. It's a fantastic way to get back to my preferred way of eating. I initially started this thread looking for more of a quick fix, but went to whole30 because I trust the logic and there is nothing unhealthy about it.