Sparkling Water

Options
Is drinking sparkling water the same as drinking tap/bottled water?

Replies

• MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Not the same. My tap water doesnt sparkle at all.

BUT from a calorie standpoint- yes. 0 calories is 0 calories.

ETA: Unless its 0 cal sparkling mineral water and you are tracking the micros.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Calorie standpoint yes. Taste wise no. I can't drink sparkling water because it is just too much carbonation and not enough flavor. I usually just drink plain water though
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to determine if it hydrates you the same as water? Then yes. Enjoy your sparkling water!
  • ManiacalLaugh
    ManiacalLaugh Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    I love sparkling water and drink it often. One thing to watch out for, however, are any brands that have additives for flavor. Occasionally, some brands will add sodium or sugar. Just be sure to read the label beforehand, and you'll be good.
  • mjwarbeck
    mjwarbeck Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Just buy a soda stream...you then have complete control (add flavours, control the carbonation etc...)
  • tnm7760
    tnm7760 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I love sparkling water and drink it often! No calories, love the bubbles, and I've given up my Diet Pepsi addiction (hated that I was so addicted to it and never even drank real water). :o:p
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    I love sparkling water. Especially when it has cola flavors and artificial sweeteners added to it so it tastes like diet soda.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I drink about 2 litres a day plus Diet Coke, coffee, 7 up.

I like sparkling over still
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    dlhanthorn wrote: »
    Is drinking sparkling water the same as drinking tap/bottled water?

Yes, except for the extra carbon dioxide which you will likely just burp out.

I have a SodaStream and I love plain sparkling water. I occasionally add flavor with fruit extracts, which do not add calories since I use about 1/4 teaspoon per liter.

There are things out there which are labelled "sparkling water beverage". These are artificially sweetened 0 calorie drinks. Some have an issue with artificial sweeteners and should avoid them. Seltzer and sparkling water are just plain water with carbon dioxide to give it bubbles. The flavors usually come from a concentrated "essence" which adds no calories or anything else.