Success story- Loading...60%

Replies

• Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,081 Member
    8-9 weeks of maintaining around 85kg.

I just found myself looking up local running races to see what’s available and thought that it was odd.

2 years ago I would have never looked up races, 2 year ago I would have had trouble jogging 100 meters.

Stepping up my exercises, started strong lifts 5x5, c25k, trying to be more consistent with going to the gym and kick boxing, been a bit slack since the new year.
  • MaryB781
    MaryB781 Posts: 8 Member
    Thanks for the updates; they make your story even more motivating!
  • gerfbrady
    gerfbrady Posts: 14 Member
    Having a poor day today and you have inspired me to stay strong. Thanks for updating and bumping the thread
  • julie2038
    julie2038 Posts: 142 Member
    Keep bringing us your updates!! Great job.
  • peternixon12
    peternixon12 Posts: 60 Member
    Well done superb result
  • sfsoccermom2
    sfsoccermom2 Posts: 233 Member
    Awesome!
  • mylifeisbeautiful
    mylifeisbeautiful Posts: 292 Member
    Amazing!! You are keeping your eye on the target ;) puns aside, that's fantastic progress and very motivational. Thank you and well done!
  • Cowenlaw1
    Cowenlaw1 Posts: 106 Member
    Wow! Great job
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Plain and simple great job. You got the right attitude. It's one step at a time and you're definitely getting their.
  • Merkavar
    got my purple belt at kick boxing today. Who would have guess that I would be doing that 2 years ago.

took like 3.5 hours of sparing, attack circles, going over combos, push ups.

at one point was doing a push up on my fists, my wrist buckled and i slammed my face into the ground, i dont think anyone saw me.
  • ajaysharma316
    ajaysharma316 Posts: 104 Member
    congrats and keep it up...
  • Merkavar
    You are now leaving Onederland

For the past few months I had been maintaining around the 82-85kg range, that is around 187lb but recently I noticed an increase in my weight, not to worry right? I will just be more precise with my logging on my fitness pal.

Then all of a sudden I found I was 92.2kg (203lb) and suddenly no longer in onederland :(

But still not worried because after spending the last few years losing weight I now have the knowledge and experience of how to lose weight. So I started logging my food and exercise properly again, started working out my will power muscles and a few weeks later I am back to 90.1kg (198lb) and back in onederland. Still a bit to go to get back to below 85kg.

I guess the point of this post is that even if you fall off the wagon and gain weight back, you can’t lose the knowledge and experience of how to lose it again, so you aren’t starting from scratch when you get back on the wagon.

You are now entering Onederland… Again.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Nice!! Nip it in the bud!!
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Well done! It's not about falling off the horse, it's about getting back on.
  • Merkavar
    Stupid christmas/new years, put on a few kilos, guess i better get back to logging my food for real, and cutting back on my fast food.

I suspect that some of my weight gain will be water weight, that i will lose relatively easily by cutting back on the salty foods, the chips etc.
  • Merkavar
    Well my seated leg press keeps increasing with out trying, it's weird.

Maxed out the machine now, that's 200kg or like 440lb right?

All I have done is a bit of running.
  • Merkavar
    byawa9bd3qtf.jpeg

Let’s turn that smile upside down.

Well I slacked off and put on some weight over the past year.

Time to refocus on my logging and exercise again. Starting couch to 5k again.

• LiftHeavyThings27105
    LiftHeavyThings27105 Posts: 2,086 Member
    Great progress. No worries on the upturn. You know how to get down to your goal. As someone stated already, just get back on that horse. How did you like Strong Lifts 5x5? Did you complete that? Did you move on to Mad Cows after that (assuming that you did complete the SL 5x5)?
  • Merkavar
    Great progress. No worries on the upturn. You know how to get down to your goal. As someone stated already, just get back on that horse. How did you like Strong Lifts 5x5? Did you complete that? Did you move on to Mad Cows after that (assuming that you did complete the SL 5x5)?

Nah, never got too far with strong lifts.

Too sporadic to make any progress.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!