Why I can't stay motivated even when I see 200 lbs on my scale :(

Options
I just wieght myself and it back to 200.....I am sad but at the same time I cant find the motivation anymore. I know that is my fault, I have to control what I eat, I have to move more....

Replies

• Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    It's hard to stay motivated all the time. Maybe just take some time and work on maintaining rather than losing for a while.
  • 123stefania
    123stefania Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I have been maintaining between 190 to 200 the last year....I need to do some serious change...I was at 225 after my second pregnanccy lost 30 pounds and I am not able to get my motivation back :(
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately no one can do it for you. If you are a competitive person you might find a challenge helpful. There is an MFP forum for challenges now.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    How about picking one thing to improve on? Say adding 2 20min workouts a week or replacing one high calorie snack with a low calorie one. Once you've mastered that, pick another.

I totally understand the frustration. I feel like trying to be "perfect" sets me up for failure every time. So now I'm trying to make small adjustments hoping they add up over time.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Find something new and exciting to do. I find that lack of motivation is often just boredom with my current routine. A new class or exercise routine or even signing up for a 5k may motivate you to move. I just signed into a new meal planning app that is free for 2 weeks.(eat this much) It gives me some new meals and recipes that I hadn't thought of before. You can do this. :)
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I like the above idea. Just take baby steps. Something like making sure you log consistently every day, don't worry about cutting calories, just log what you eat. Then switch out something high calorie for lower....and do that for a week. Then add in a short walk each day etc etc. Just keep doing until suddenly you will realise you are in a calorie deficit and losing weight. Good luck :)
  • Piggytummy
    Piggytummy Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I was stuck in a plateau for a very long time (still am as far as I know..) since the scale was stressing me out so bad I focused on things I knew would help me get towards my goal. I meal prepped, only ate on plan, worked out 5x weekly. I actually hid my scale until March. I am hoping to see a loss but at least if I dont I know I was staying on plan at least. If the numbers are stressing you out..hide the scale!
  • 123stefania
    Options
    Thank you for the wise advices. I will do little steps. For today, it will be to log everything I eat.
  • Irishsugar
    Irishsugar Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I understand your frustration! But don't give up... Try to refocus yourself! You are worth it!!
  • samanthachen
    samanthachen Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Something that helped me stay motivated was knowing if I quit today, I would kick myself in three months when I could be 10ish lbs lighter (obviously different goals will give different numbers). It's tough when you have a long distance to go for your goal. I'm there with you. Set smaller goals! Reward yourself with each one. 5 lbs for the first to give you a motivational boost. Then every 10-15lbs. It really helps!!!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    I didn't really get serious until I got scared.
    I could always buy bigger clothes. I didn't really care how I looked. I told myself I wasn't so bad because I wasn't sick and I wasn't gaining weight fast. The thing is that I didn't know or admit how bad I felt and how much I couldn't do until I started losing weight.
    I was in pain every night in bed. My dd was complaining about how loud my snoring was. I was tired a lot. I was out of breath climbing stairs in my house. I couldn't get down on the floor very easily. Walking a few blocks with dh and dd left me 8' behind struggling to keep up, breathing hard, with a pain in my leg so bad I just wanted to sit on the sidewalk. I couldn't bend down to tie my shoe. I crossed the line into obese. I had a vision of my future as life stuck in a chair, hospital, and coffin. I pretty much said *kitten* that, I'm only 40. I can change this. I deserve a healthy full life.
    I had very little confidence starting here but set a goal to lose 1 lb a week. No crazy diet or exercise plan. Just eating like a regular person at the correct calorie level and trying to get 30 minutes of some exercise a day. I lost 25 lbs and it is such a difference in how I feel physically. The day I kept up with dh and dd easily I almost cried with happiness.

How do you really feel about your life and your future? Are you content? What do you deserve?
  • JLove115
    JLove115 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I try to focus on how I feel after my workout (or my piece of cake). I find the more I attune myself with how my body is feeling the more motivated I stay.
  • 123stefania
    Options
    Hi. I am logging daily. I am almost over my limit every night but at leat I'm logging. I am doing the plank challenge and starting c25k. I feel better. T hanks.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,484 Member
    Options
    Good going @123stefania. Nice to see that you are logging and have found a challenge and a programme you want to follow.
    Don't worry about a deficit yet, just be consistent with the logging.

Cheers, h.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Good to know! Thank you for popping back in. I've said this about 25 times in these forums: if you're anything like me it's not some grandiose 'motivation' you need, just some new basic daily habits that will hold you in place like a bunch of band aids. Once I figured out that I never leave the house without pants and keys, brush my hair & teeth daily out of duty, and have never spontaneously bailed on a doctors appointment or parent teacher conference at the last moment because I 'didn't feel like going' I realized I could do this. I just needed to deal with my weight related business on that level! So glad you are making progress. Best wishes to you.
  • JLove115
    JLove115 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    scolaris wrote: »
    Good to know! Thank you for popping back in. I've said this about 25 times in these forums: if you're anything like me it's not some grandiose 'motivation' you need, just some new basic daily habits that will hold you in place like a bunch of band aids. Once I figured out that I never leave the house without pants and keys, brush my hair & teeth daily out of duty, and have never spontaneously bailed on a doctors appointment or parent teacher conference at the last moment because I 'didn't feel like going' I realized I could do this. I just needed to deal with my weight related business on that level! So glad you are making progress. Best wishes to you.

Yes!!! Create healthy habits!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am logging daily. I am almost over my limit every night but at leat I'm logging. I am doing the plank challenge and starting c25k. I feel better. T hanks.

NIce going :)
  • jennifer12202010
    jennifer12202010 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Sound like me u can add me I'm looking for friends keep me motivated
  • meritage4
    meritage4 Posts: 1,441 Member
    Options
    Let go of the guilt and keep at it. You are lighter than 22o . Don't beat yourself up just get back at it.
  • 123stefania
    Options
    Thanks everybody. I'm building my new habits right now. We can do it.