BMR and calories

Options
I don't know how many calories I should eat. I'm 166 cm and 67 kg and I'm 18 years old. MFP gave me like 1200, but I'm feeling very tired at that and I don't know how many calories I'm burning from exercise because I don't have a HRM and I can't get any soon. My BMR is somewhere at 1500 and I read somewhere here that I shouldn't eat below my BMR, is it true? Can someone help me determine my calorie daily intake? I'm doing a program from Nike Training App and there are workout between 30 and 45 minutes/5 days a week.

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Eat above your BMR and below your TDEE. This site seems to be pretty popular for figuring calories: http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

• Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    If your BMR is 1500 your TDEE is higher. It sounds like you may have chose a 2lb per week weightless. Not everyone can/should lose 2lb per week. It really depends on what weight you're starting out at. If you're tired and rundown you're likely not eating enough. Are you logging your exercise? If so, are you eating back any exercise calories?
  • dmirunizzle
    dmirunizzle Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Cynsonya wrote: »
    If your BMR is 1500 your TDEE is higher. It sounds like you may have chose a 2lb per week weightless. Not everyone can/should lose 2lb per week. It really depends on what weight you're starting out at. If you're tired and rundown you're likely not eating enough. Are you logging your exercise? If so, are you eating back any exercise calories?

I'm not logging my exercise because I don't know how many calories I'm burning
  • sdbernier
    sdbernier Posts: 36 Member
    Options

You can still log your exercise and MFP will estimate them for you. Maybe give that a try?
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    You can search MFP's exercise gallery. Just be sure to take the burn they give with a grain of salt. Most find that MFP overestimates burns. Start out eating back 50% and wait 4 weeks. See if your energy level goes up and the scale goes down. Adjust accordingly. What's your current weekly loss goal?
    Cynsonya wrote: »

• xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    So I plugged your stats into Scoobyworkshop.com. Based on "light exercise 1-3 hours a week" and cutting your calories by 10% (0.5 pounds per week), you can eat about 1800 calories a day and still lose.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    set your goal to lose 0.5 to 1 lb/week, and MFP will tell you how much to eat, and you get to eat even more when you exercise, otherwise follow xcalygrl's advice, though you should be fine with a 15% reduction in calories if you wish.