Food before exercise

Options
I was just wondering if anyone has some good ideas what to eat for you go for a run. I usually eat dinner around like 5 and go for my run at like 630 or 7. I find myself starving when Im done with my run. I was wondering if anyone knew some good ideas just to keep me feeling full.

Replies

• litljoy2001
    Options
    drink protien shake before or right after
  • Zolita
    Zolita Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have a banana after I work out, it replaces your potassium and not too many calories either. I try to eat before I work out but usually make it an hour before so I can digest :)
  • d_llopez
    d_llopez Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Having a banana after working out does help settle those hunger pangs. Also read that it's a good way to wind down the day and much easier to hit the sack.
  • Jhensley2011
    Jhensley2011 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'll usually eat a nutrigrain bar or something like it to hold me over until the workout is done. I personally can't drink alot of fluid before a workout as it just sloshes around in my stomach. The bars work for me and you can find some low calorie ones too that are really good. I usually have the Quaker Oats Chocolate chip bars. Low cal and delicious!

j
  • Clonekuh
    Clonekuh Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I started eating a banana before! And chocolate milk after. Because ... chocolate milk.
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I wish I could have a banana but I've found I don't like them anymore. When I go to fitness classes at lunch time I normally eat a half or whole peanut butter & jelly sandwich about an hour or half hour before.
  • karlafales
    karlafales Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Muscle Milk Light after wards - make sure you have carbs in your meal even though carbs at night aren't the best idea.