hmm i wonder ???

Options
hey everyone i was sitting at home this past week watching tv or trying to since summer has no good shows, but i was flipping thru channels and i saw this commercial that was for this thing called Mike Thurmonds Six Week Body Makeover, the premise was you eat more to boost your metabolism, it also only has you work out for 2 -3 times a week for 20 mins a session, it also shows you need to create a body blueprint. , a blueprint of what you want your body to look like. i was wondering what this thing was about, and does it work, it looks pretty in depth but if it works maybe it might be worth it, has anyone else seen this commercial for this product ??

Replies

• RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I've seen this, bought the product. It was actually a very interesting read and seemed to be based on pretty good information, at least on the eating side of things. The food was pretty restrictive in choices and I don't do well with that so it was a no go for me. The exercises are all pretty basic strength training using bands, focusing on one part of the body, and then the next and then the next, depending on what your body type and goals are.
  • tg025880
    tg025880 Posts: 42
    Options
    like what kind of restricted foods ??
  • lindsayfranke
    lindsayfranke Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    A girl I used to work with did this and lost the weight but she had restrictions on the food she could eat.

For example, cut turkey breasts into chunks, only a certain amount at a time. Had to eat six small meals (which isn't a terrible thing) and i believe she had to drink over the 8 normal glasses of water a day.

As soon as she stopped following it to the T she gained the weight back..... Any program you are going to do you have to teach yourself the right way to eat or nothing will work and the weight will come right back.

Have you thought about P90X and the nutrition plan that comes with it?
  • tg025880
    tg025880 Posts: 42
    Options
    i have p90x and am doing it right now, i fell off the wagon this past weekend because of my and my wifes anniversary weekend but im starting to get back onto it again, i know rome was not built in a day
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Off the top of my head I don't recall, I can check tonight and give you a better idea if you like.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    As far as restrictions go... NO dairy of any kind, NO grain products (you can have oatmeal and brown rice), NO oils (except flax) or fats of any kind, NO beans, and it limits what kind of vegies, fruit and protein you can have. You have GOT to eat every 2-3 hours, if you miss a feeding your blood sugar can bottom out and you get very dizzy and weak feeling. The web site wasn't very supportive.

I have used it twice. The first time I held out for 10 weeks and lost 46 pounds. I kept off 25 of it for 2 years. I tried it again and lost 20 in 8 weeks. Once you start it, you have to keep up with the timed feedings and food restrictions or you gain it back. I gained all of the weight back plus some when I could no longer keep it up. My life just did not allow me to run off and eat a few mouthfulls of food every 2-3 hours. I had sleep issues as well as digestive issues while on the plan. I also had massive hair loss and severe dry skin.

If you choose to use the plan, it does work....but you pay the price. Good Luck!
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    i have p90x and am doing it right now, i fell off the wagon this past weekend because of my and my wifes anniversary weekend but im starting to get back onto it again, i know rome was not built in a day

If you notice the general trend of people that have used it thus far, they lost a ton of weight, but then gained it all back. Just stick to P90X and the MFP plan and you'll progress just fine.
  • lindsayfranke
    lindsayfranke Posts: 34 Member
    Options

Tony said that to me this AM! haha