protein shakes/whey protein help

Options
I have never had a protein shake before and I wanted to up my protein, so I thought that it could help. I dont really know where to start. I have read some posts and some said they have good recipes for a good protein shake. What is the carb/calorie/fat/sugar/protein content on most protein powders. Is there a difference with whey protein, because thats what I want to try.

Replies

• lk14040
    lk14040 Posts: 90
    Options
    I have never had a protein shake before and I wanted to up my protein, so I thought that it could help. I dont really know where to start. I have read some posts and some said they have good recipes for a good protein shake. What is the carb/calorie/fat/sugar/protein content on most protein powders. Is there a difference with whey protein, because thats what I want to try.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Protein shake nutrient profiles are as varied as any other supplement, so there isn't really an average.
    I usually just mix mine with cold milk because it's fast. Whey protein is digested very quickly and causes a moderate insulin reaction..it's great for post-workout but it won't keep you feeling full very long. Egg white and casein are better in some respects, but in the end it's all protein.
  • nicolet04
    nicolet04 Posts: 830
    Options
    i use 100% gold standard whey protein powder (vanilla ice cream) it has 120 calories, 24 grams of protein, 3 carbs, 1 sugar. i mix one scoop with 8 oz fat free milk and 1 frozen banana....soooo good!!! i also mix it with frozen strawberries too!! tastes just like a milk shake!!!
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I do kashi go lean protein shakes chocolate ( you can have them as a snack or a meal replacement) I mix mine with ice cold water to cut calories a bit- but you could use milk
  • finzup
    finzup Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Try the EAS myoplex light ...