i've lost the mind set...

Options
The mind set has gone and once again can't stop eating. I think its been 4 days since I logged in. I've been doing a very good impression of an ostrige and know I just fell p'd with myself because I was doing sooooo well. I haven't weight in, my hubby doesn't care if I loss weight or not (he really does love me the way I am) I dont have any one being the good angel on my shoulder when the little food devil appears. can anyone help?

Replies

• ashleylevans
    ashleylevans Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I'm going through the exact same thing right now. I'm trying to find the strength to get back in the gym, but my couch is so much more comfortable. I'm eating healthy foods, but WAY TOO MANY of them. I'm not sure how to get back on track myself.

I'm here to help if you need to bounce any good vs. bad food angel choices off of me!
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    we have all been there, YOU CAN DO THIS!! Confession over move on!

Hungry girl advise

Important rules. Here they are...
    1. Don't drink your calories. There's nothing sadder than realizing you just consumed hundreds of calories by sipping a sweet drink... and you're still hungry! For the most part, I look for drinks with no more than 50 calories per cup, and I always check the labels carefully for the total servings per bottle.
    2. The 80/20 rule. I live by it. It means that 80 percent of the time, I eat what I know I should be eating. And 20 percent of the time, I allow myself to stray a bit. It's important to indulge every once in a while... like, maybe, 20 percent of the time!
    3. Don't turn a bad meal into a bad week. So you made a poor food choice. You're human. Don't give up and throw in the towel just because you overate. Jump right back into things at your next meal. No biggie. Truly.
    4. Identify and avoid your trigger foods. These are the foods you can't be trusted around -- the ones where "just a few" turns into WAY too much; the foods that seem to make you hungrier and hungrier. Don't keep these foods in the house. They're too tempting and not worth the trouble...
    5. Don't make excuses -- it's all about being prepared. The Boy Scouts know what they're talking about! If you know you're going out to dinner, check out the menu online so you can plan ahead and make smart choices. And always keep emergency snacks handy -- in your purse, car, desk drawer... wherever you might need them. Then you won't need to make excuses.
  • Teeladog
    Teeladog Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I know it is hard...I have come here more than once and logged for several days in a row then stopped again.

I have found that friending people on here helps keep me coming back. I have also found that if I log my food even if I have a bad day and eat way too much keeps me coming back. Remember...this is not an overnight thing. You will have bad days but the key is to keep coming back. The longer you stay at this the more committed you will become.

Don't try to change everything at once. Pick one thing you want to change and just work on that (drink more water, eat more veggies, stop eating ice cream, log your food every day no matter what...whatever it is). Once you have incorporated that new habit, then pick another one and add that. Trying to change everything at once usually doesn't work. A series of smaller changes will be easier to manage and just as effective in the long run.

Feel free to friend me if you like...
  • thisismynewmindset
    thisismynewmindset Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Look at my profile name.

Just cut your loses and move on. Today is a new day. YOU CAN DO IT!
  • bfrederick3015
    bfrederick3015 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this helps, but I can tell you that I've fallen off the wagon several times, sometimes for months at a time, and I always find my way back because I need/ want to be fit and healthy. You, with the help of MFP pals, might have to be your own "good angel". If you really want to be healthier then make this choice for yourself because you have to do the best for yourself before you can truly do the best for those you love.
  • rjsbailey
    rjsbailey Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I lost the mind set a week ago (and last month for a few days) and then yesterday forced myself to work out- but still had chocolate and today i did another workout- felt easier and less like torture and started the day eating healthy. So here it is- you will have this happen again and yes even again- the difference is you forgive yourself and get back on it. Also to be down right honest all it takes for me is a stroll through our beach/mountain town on a weekend and all these girls that look so fit (a lot I went to school with and they are childless and single and starving surely) and I know that i can to- I did before (not the starving part but the working hard part lol), that always helps me suck it up because anything they can do i can do better- lol! Good luck girl, just brush it off and get back to it even if it takes a few days or happens again next month- you can do it!!! =)
  • bonbon1472003
    bonbon1472003 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. My husband eats tons of crap and i can't so no. I start reading and looking at health related articles on the net. I see how the bad foods are hurting me and making me age faster. Just the thought that i have to get on the health care wheel with meds and docs scares me straight. i get different newsletters everyday from different health sites. so i don't have to look to hard for this information. then when my husband offers me chocolate cover nuts i can say no. hope this helps. it's what works for me
  • Silky815
    Silky815 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Let me start out by saying, I am sorry you fell into this rut. I understand how you feel. I have been in similar ruts before, and I am sure there are a lot on here, that have been there before too. I wish you all the luck in the world. But remember....you are doing this for you and not for anyone else. It doesn't matter if he cares if you lose the weight or not. You have done well thus far. You need to pick yourself up, brush yourself off, and get back into working out and losing weight. YOU CAN AND WILL DO THIS!!!!!!!!
    Feel free to contact me and add me as a friend. I will try my best to help out in any way I can. Good luck.
  • Tinan76
    Tinan76 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    The mind set has gone and once again can't stop eating. I think its been 4 days since I logged in. I've been doing a very good impression of an ostrige and know I just fell p'd with myself because I was doing sooooo well. I haven't weight in, my hubby doesn't care if I loss weight or not (he really does love me the way I am) I dont have any one being the good angel on my shoulder when the little food devil appears. can anyone help?
    your husband may not care but I bet he would find you alot sexier and enjoy showing you off more when you do. What man doesn't like arm candy. Now get up and get moving. You'll feel better once you do.
  • tiggernic
    tiggernic Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the words of support and advice. It is very much appriciated.

Not had a great day but it has been better than what it has so fingers crossed tomorrow I will be back on the straight and narrow. :bigsmile: