hair loss

Options
Ack help me I am freaking out! The last week my hair has been falling out!!!! It seems like way more than normal! It has way thinned out! Did anyone else have this happen? I have lost about 50 pounds and way about 119. What should I do?!

Replies

• marciakenn
    Options
    whoops weigh not way
  • Black_Swan
    Black_Swan Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I think doctor would be the best place to go to!
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    that happened to me too...(but I also have PCOS and that's part of it)....now that I'm not loosing as much, it's back to normal...I think it's because your body is just freaking out. Make sure you take your vitamins.
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    my hair has been falling out for a few months. someone suggested multivitamins but i havn't tried it yet! i should!
  • MuchMovement
    MuchMovement Posts: 100
    Options
    castor oil is really good for those desiring hair regrowth
  • jonikeffer
    jonikeffer Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Have your iron tested. Also, if you have other symptoms (like being cold/tired all the time) have your thyroid function checked.
  • marciakenn
    Options
    So here is what I'm taking. A B bbbbcomplex, 1000mg of vitamin c, omega-3, and calcium with vitamin D. Do you guys think I should add a multivitamin too?h
  • fsugirl26
    fsugirl26 Posts: 207
    Options
    So here is what I'm taking. A B bbbbcomplex, 1000mg of vitamin c, omega-3, and calcium with vitamin D. Do you guys think I should add a multivitamin too?h

Omega 3 supplements made me lose a lot of hair...maybe try taking a smaller dose and see if it helps!
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Have your iron tested. Also, if you have other symptoms (like being cold/tired all the time) have your thyroid function checked.

YES. By all means have your thyroid levels checked -- this can definitely cause hair loss. I'm hypothyroid (on meds and natural supplements for it now) and I did experience some hair loss at one time. I do take a variety of supplements but I did notice a big change when I started taking Douglas Labs Hair Skin and Nails Plus Formula (http://www.amazon.com/Douglas-Labs-Hair-Nails-Formula/dp/B004HLHMT0). Since taking that, I've noticed a lot less hair in the shower drain every morning.

Hair loss can also be attributed to poor nutrition - so make sure you're eating healthy and avoiding too much processed crap.

But, everyone's different. Get checked out, see what the issue is, and go from there. Good luck!
  • AnneMK5
    AnneMK5 Posts: 110
    Options
    It's very normal with weight loss due to vitamin deficiency. I've been taking a multi vitamin and biotin daily which has helped some for me. I've read that it will grow again.
  • Clonekuh
    Clonekuh Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I think that could be indicative of a thyroid problem, among other things. Get to a doctor!