What would you tell your younger self if you could?

2»

Replies

• JustMissTracy
    JustMissTracy Posts: 6,338 Member
    I'd say "Trac...chill out. Relax. Be kinder to yourself! Things aren't as serious as you think they are. You are beautiful. Don't smoke! Don't go out with Chris!!!"
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,940 Member
    edited February 2016
    Bet your life's savings on Buster Douglas knocking out Mike Tyson. 42-1 underdog. I would have had $420,000.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    edited February 2016
    Hit on every woman you're ever interested in. You'll have fun, the worst they'll ever say is no, and a few will even say yes!

And when that curvy, cute, insanely brilliant redhead starts talking with you, consider your ability to deal with people who would turn down a full ride at Johns Hopkins medical and instead do clerical temp work, and understand carefully what other character flaws that may indicate.
  • tristramtrent
    tristramtrent Posts: 257 Member
    1. Trust your instincts. 2. You do not have a slow metabolism, you just eat when you are bored or stuck or procrastinating. 3. If he's not 100% keen on you, leave and find someone better. 3. Go to more concerts before your heroes die of old age. 4. Buy more guitars.
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    I'd tell my 20 year old self to sort those few pounds I'd noticed myself gaining and not ignore the issue so I didn't have to suffer health problems them make an entire lifestyle change at 25!!! Why did I spend so much of my young life hating my body? ! I've now lost my super young years being chubby and it pisses me off! Damnit young me!
  • enjayer
    enjayer Posts: 46 Member
    These are brilliant guys. A lot of familiar themes here for me too! And some heartbreaking ones :(
  • jenmovies
    jenmovies Posts: 346 Member
    I would show myself a picture at my heaviest, and explain what to do habit-wise from then on to avoid it. Maintaining a slim figure would have been FAR EASIER than what I'm dealing with now!
  • veggiecanner
    veggiecanner Posts: 137 Member
    go to the doctor and have your colesteral checked. Men are not that special.
  • CurlyCockney
    CurlyCockney Posts: 1,394 Member
    I wouldn't tell myself anything. Partly because, good or bad, I've learned something from every experience. Mostly because meh, younger me wouldn't listen to some ol' lady telling me what to do or giving me her opinion.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    - It's not your responsibility to parent your parents.
    - You are actually pretty clever and resourceful and WILL go to University, no matter what they say.
    - Look after your body.
    - Have therapy. It's great and will change you for the better!
    - It's okay to be single for a while, you WILL find the right guy, it'll just take a while.
    - You can do incredible things when you put your mind to it.
    - Buy a house as soon as you're able to. Renting is wasted money.
    - When you do a job you hate, leave it. 8 hours a day is too long a proportion of your waking time to be miserable!
    - Work for yourself and become self-employed as soon as you can. It's scary at first but so worth it.
  • tcatcarson
    tcatcarson Posts: 227 Member
    "That American girl in Ireland DOES fancy you!"
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    YOURE NOT FAT! But you should maybe start to think about what you put into your mouth because it's not a healthy lifestyle.
  • jennx
    jennx Posts: 27 Member
    That what happend wasn't your fault, you're not useless or worthless after all you were the only one to finish university. Plus don't be depressed whatever happened is in the past. You can't live your life looking in the rear view mirror move on and live your life being the best person you can be. And put the food down, be happy and be strong everyone's got opinions but don't let theirs destroy your confidence. Learn to trust slowly and me mentally strong and secure in your self xxxx
  • LENOX260
    LENOX260 Posts: 2 Member
    Get your act together. You're smart, there's nothing wrong with being a introvert. Life is tough but you'll survive. Most importantly, chill with the takeout and lose the fat!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Food doesn't fix what's in your head.