gym fear

Options
Every time I step into a gym I feel like I'm being watched. I want soooo bad be a gym freak but I cannot get it passed my thoughts that's its only in my head. Anyone has advice.

Replies

• cammy_b3
    cammy_b3 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Exercise at home buy some dvds
  • robingmurphy
    robingmurphy Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I think you need to just keep going frequently. Once you get used to being there, you won't even think about it.
  • Erik8484
    Erik8484 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Try starting with a personal trainer, being with someone who knows what they're doing might help.
  • PBWaffleCakes
    PBWaffleCakes Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    I had the same fear until I realized everyone else way too busy working on themselves to care what I was doing. Try to get in a zone and don't think of anyone else, also meeting with the personal trainer if they have one may help, go often, and put your head phones on as soon as you can, it helps cancel everything out!
  • Suuzanne37
    Suuzanne37 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Try Group Exercises first; you will meet people and become familiar with the environment. Overtime, you'll feel comfortable in the cardio area and weight room.
  • akerra27
    akerra27 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I also did the group exercises. I was very nervous but everyone was friendly..but before I went I got the same anxiety but then I told myself do this for you and only you and I keep on going hot mess and all :)