blah-to-babe fitness challenge post here!!

Replies

• Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    I am going to get in on this. I will do push ups, sit ups and squats with my son.
    75 of each.

Way to go Joanna
    Thanks Renee!:bigsmile:

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • Alright, sounds like Push-ups are the new challenge! Mina, I'm in the same boat you are, I would love to be able to do a "real" pushup and not just the girly kind!! :blushing:
  • Newbie here, What a great idea to set challenges and sounds like a great group to work with. I can't wait to get started sounds like fun.:happy:
  • Healthier_Me
    Got in my 50 squats, 60 crunches & only 10 pushups:ohwell:

• Ok so I'm back on track. Push-ups have been fun. Still haten the squats, but love the crunchies. My newest stats are below. I haven't lost alot but the numbers are still changing. Keep up the good work girls!!! Thanks for keeping me motivated!

waist 32 on 01/31/08
    hips 42.0 on 01/31/08
    bust 36 on 01/31/08
    pooch 35.5.0 on 01/31/08
    thigh 25.0 on 01/31/08
    calf 15.5 on 01/31/08
    upper arm 12.0 on 01/31/08
  • I just saw this post and would like to join.
  • Tammy, I'll take my measurements on Sunday, I'm really hoping that they've changed since I haven't lost any weight this week yet! Of course it's picture time on Sunday too...we've got to post this week!! I guess I should get off the computer and do my pushups, those are my least favorite but I need them!

Steph~ Welcome! We're all here for each other to motivate and challenge :smile: This week's challenge is pushups (I think most of us are doing the girly ones, lol)

Joanna~ You're doing great girl!! Keep it up! :happy:
  • Healthier_Me
    Tammy, I'll take my measurements on Sunday, I'm really hoping that they've changed since I haven't lost any weight this week yet! Of course it's picture time on Sunday too...we've got to post this week!! I guess I should get off the computer and do my pushups, those are my least favorite but I need them!

Steph~ Welcome! We're all here for each other to motivate and challenge :smile: This week's challenge is pushups (I think most of us are doing the girly ones, lol)

Joanna~ You're doing great girl!! Keep it up! :happy:
    Thanks Heather!
    I agree about the pushups:grumble:

• Oooh, hope you don't mind Joanna, I'm going to copy the meez idea for my icon! Such a great idea!
  • After doing the push ups the ol' squats and crunches seem like nothing!

I started with doing 13 (girlie) push ups.....then another 8....then it was a miserable 3/4 at a time. But I was determined to finish and I (eventually) did! So after what seemed like an age, I eventually got to my 50th push up!!!
  • Healthier_Me
    Oooh, hope you don't mind Joanna, I'm going to copy the meez idea for my icon! Such a great idea!
    I just sent you a meesage about it.. too cute!!

• Healthier_Me
    After doing the push ups the ol' squats and crunches seem like nothing!

I started with doing 13 (girlie) push ups.....then another 8....then it was a miserable 3/4 at a time. But I was determined to finish and I (eventually) did! So after what seemed like an age, I eventually got to my 50th push up!!!
    Great job mina!
    I can only do 10 maybe 11.
    I have weak arms and that's something I have to work on.

• Healthier_Me
    100 squats, 120 crunches, 10 pushups

• Wow!! I'm feeling behind the curve here! lol, I can only do 10 pushups at a time so I've started doing them at different times of the day!! I got in 30 pushups today total, 50 squats and 50 crunches...but my shoulders are killing me! Thanks for the comment Joanna! :happy: Meez are fun!
  • Healthier_Me

60 crunches
    75 squats
    10 pushups

• I'm in, I wasn't aware of last weeks challenge, so I think I'll add on add do 50 crunches and 50 squats
  • 2-7-08
    3 pushups
    13 girly pushups

I wanted to start a while back but I've been sick.
    :smile:
  • Healthier_Me
    I only did 50 squats Tuesday & Wednesday:ohwell:
    no pushups or crunches...
    I have yet to do any today.

• Okay, I've been slacking too, my 8 month old is sick and my 2 year old isn't dealing well with less attention, :explode:

so I was going through the On Demand fitness videos and there's one called "cheerleader legs" which is a combination move of lunges and squats that I thought would mix it up a little bit! Let's see if I can describe it clearly!

1. stand with your feet shoulder width apart
    2. starting with your right foot, step forward into a lunge
    3. bring your foot back and tap in the center (don't rest your weight on it)
    4. bring it immediately out to your right side into a side lunge, then back in to tap in the middle
    5. bring it immediately behind you into a reverse lunge, then back to starting position
    6. do a squat
    7. do steps 2-5 with your left foot, then squat and repeat with right again.

Does that make sense?? i'm such a visual person that I do much better watching someone than reading about exercises. But I just thought instead of just adding another exercise we could try something new!
  • I did 5 pushups today! yay its better than yesterday!!
This discussion has been closed.