LAVASH BREAD-

Options
ASGG7818
ASGG7818 Posts: 19 Member
edited February 2016 in Recipes
I have recently bought lavash bread (Josephs) at the grocery store. Its like a thick tortilla with low carbs and calories. Has anyone else tried these and if so...what do you put on/in yours??

Replies

• Kamikazeflutterby
    Kamikazeflutterby Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    I have only ever had lavash as a restaurant appetizer. It came with a cheesy heavy cream dip that had yet more cheese melted on top. I'm guessing that's not what you want here.

Any dip or cracker topping would be a good place to start--think hummus or tuna salad. Good luck!
  • crystallee85
    crystallee85 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I love that brand! I made pizzas on them or dipped on a jalapeño cheddar dip I made. I'm sure you could make a really good wrap as well
  • cdebracy
    cdebracy Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    They make the best low-carb pizzas. I usually cut one of them in half for a pizza.

If you bake a sheet for about 10 minutes, you get great low-carb crackers.
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    Options
    I love lavash! Haven't had it in awhile so you just reminded me I should be picking up some soon. I usually spread on some chilly pepper or roasted red pepper hummus.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I used them to make healthy wraps. I have even made tacos with them with lots of lettuce and tomato,plenty of room to put extra veggies in them,but a serving size is a half lavash bread(or at least the josephs ones I had said that) but I did use whole ones from time to time
  • Jezzabelle360
    Jezzabelle360 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I bake them just long enough to get them crisp and then use them as a pizza crust. I also do this with flat out wraps. Buffalo chicken is a really yummy one if you use franks hot sauce, grilled chicken, diced celery, and low fat mozzerella, or another favorite especially in the summer is I make my own pesto sauce and then do like a Margarita pizza with sliced tomato and low fat mozzerella or even just a drizzel of olive oil with fresh tomato and basil from the garden and mozzarella sometimes with a little aged balsamic but my all time favorite way to eat lavash is bake enough to crisp then add cottage cheese, I take a fist of spinach and cut it with a scissors so its in shreds, then I add basil, tomato, avacado, and...an over easy egg...top it with fresh cracked black pepper and a little salt. So beautiful and so tasty!!! Or...cottage cheese with basil and ground cherries!!!! I wish I could post pictures for you.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    cdebracy wrote: »
    They make the best low-carb pizzas. I usually cut one of them in half for a pizza.

If you bake a sheet for about 10 minutes, you get great low-carb crackers.

About the crackers. .. I brush my lavash with a little water (or oil if you have/need calories) then sprinkle lightly with some spices or dried herbs of your choice and lightly salt, then use a pizza cutter to make crackers then bake. They turn out so good. A touch of parmesan is good too.

I need to remember to get lavash. Haven't in awhile and it's a great low calorie option. I don't care about carbs.