Unable to lose any weight. Help?

I've been working out everyday for the past week and eating between 1200-1600 calories depending on how hungry I am. I weigh everything I eat, so I doubt my calorie intake is inaccurate. The scale won't budge; I've actually gained a pound instead. What gives?

Replies

• kaatieeeeeeeee
    kaatieeeeeeeee Posts: 108 Member
    How's your sodium intake looking? I find I usually don't lose weight or I gain water weight when I have too much sodium. I would try to keep it around 1500 mg. But everyone is different.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    It's probably the exercise, if you've changed your routine - based on responses I've seen here before! (Something to do with water weight; I don't pretend to know how it actually works.)

Give it a month, and if you're still not losing anything maybe you'll need to change what you're doing.

There's a handy flowchart thingy people like to post on these threads, I'm sure someone will be along with it for you soon! :smile:
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    One week is not enough time. If you have greatly increased your exercise, your muscles are retaining water, masking any beginning loss. Measure accurately and give it a few more weeks.
  • kaatieeeeeeeee
    kaatieeeeeeeee Posts: 108 Member
    One week is not enough time. If you have greatly increased your exercise, your muscles are retaining water, masking any beginning loss. Measure accurately and give it a few more weeks.

^ this too. I gained a pound of water weight doing an insane workout and read that you can even gain 5 pounds from that but it's just temporary water weight.
  • SueSueDio
    SueSueDio Posts: 4,796 Member
    @FitFoodie95 take a look at this thread, also started today by someone not losing (albeit after 8 weeks, not 2). It includes the flow chart I mentioned, along with other advice.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10344090/why-am-i-not-losing-anything