MFP makes you "get" it...

Options
I'm used to when I'm on a 'diet' if I eat a cookie, well...I've cheated, just go on with the rest of your day. But today is my 3rd day here, my first day with a 'cheat', I had a chocolate chip cookie for breakfast, one of these biguns from a local bakery. So, I came home and recorded the cookie for breakfast, and have been adjusting my calories left for the day accordingly. WHAT A RIP! That stupid cookie cost me my large and satisfying dinner. But it also helped to me to realize, I can have what ever I want if I count it, not just write it off...but I don't think I'll be playing that little cookie game, again. I'm just glad MFP helped me learn the rules of the cookie game. :tongue:

Dawn

125571.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• DawnInOhio
    DawnInOhio Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I'm used to when I'm on a 'diet' if I eat a cookie, well...I've cheated, just go on with the rest of your day. But today is my 3rd day here, my first day with a 'cheat', I had a chocolate chip cookie for breakfast, one of these biguns from a local bakery. So, I came home and recorded the cookie for breakfast, and have been adjusting my calories left for the day accordingly. WHAT A RIP! That stupid cookie cost me my large and satisfying dinner. But it also helped to me to realize, I can have what ever I want if I count it, not just write it off...but I don't think I'll be playing that little cookie game, again. I'm just glad MFP helped me learn the rules of the cookie game. :tongue:

Dawn

125571.png
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Good for you! But there is a way that you can still enjoy that dinner you had planned. Head out for a killer work out and burn off that cookie! :flowerforyou:
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    It really makes you take a look at everything you put into your mouth. Good luck and keep up the good work!
  • furrflys
    Options
    :laugh: stupid cookie got me too last nite:angry: I got a cookie from subway for the kid who went to bed not wanting it, so I ate it. Went to log it and found out that little booger cost me 220 calories! I thought I was done for the nite and I could cool it....instead I had to jog for 12 minutes. and i was still over after that!:grumble:
  • DawnInOhio
    DawnInOhio Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    How many hours would I have to sit getting addicted to this website to burn off that cookie? :laugh:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    How many hours would I have to sit getting addicted to this website to burn off that cookie? :laugh:

hilarious
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    you are correct. its all about choices. MFP helps you understand that!
  • Nlongenecker
    Options

Dawn

125571.png

I have to say I agree with you. It does help you get it. I've lost weight with Weight Watchers (40lbs. 5 yrs ago). And was convinced it was best thing out there. I still think it's a good program and like anything...the program works if you work the program. And although the points system works well, I wasn't really learning the nutritional basics of things. I could tell you the point value to almost any food, but don't/didn't have a clue as far as calories, fat, carbs, etc. Which would cause me to eat things that didn't have any value to them but were low in points. It's really been helpful!
  • lescalante
    Options
    I know what you mean. MFP really helps. I just try to work out extra hard to burn it off. I also don't feel as bad after a good workout. But I also enter in food before I have it sometimes to see what it is going to cost me. Then I see if it is worth it or not.
    Leslie