Break Binge Eating

Hello all,

At a low point and am looking for any and all advice with binge eating. How some of you have overcome it, working towards overcoming it, any tips you may have or words of encouragement would be appreciated beyond belief. Thank you.

Replies

• Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    sarsather, there is a MFP group dedicated to this issue; search for "Binge-Eating Support Group." One of the more active threads is "Me versus the Binge," which you may find supportive. Also, I'm currently reading Brain Over Binge by Kathryn Hansen. You may find it encouraging. Most of all, know that you are not alone.
  • savannah243
    savannah243 Posts: 2 Member
    If I eat too little calories for too long (anything less than 1600 for me), I binge. However, it is also an emotional problem that you can find support through groups like Overeaters Anonymous (try an online meeting, they are by the hour round the clock). Before you take a bite, scan every part of your body for signs of hunger, thirst, and emotions. It takes a long time to recover from binge eating, and I still do it every now and then. Feel free to friend my on MFP!
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    I just made a post on this as well. Check out the link ^^
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10344470/binge-eating#latest