C25K App

Options
Can anyone suggest a good app to download for the C25K. I have a DROID Global.

Replies

• AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I have an iphone but I have an app called "5K" and under that its "c25k" and its powered by Run Helper. There are several different apps in the app store on Itunes but I am sure you can find the same thing or something similar. IMO, its worth the $2.99 I paid.
  • MsMeganEliz
    Options
    I download the C25K Pro app and started last night. It's great, it dings when its time to switch from jogging to walking. It was $1.99 but there is a free one too. Look for the little sneaker!

Oh and that is on the android market.
  • staciekins
    staciekins Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I recommend spending the 1.99 or 2.99, and getting the C25K Pro (Icon is a little foot) It seems to be the best one out there for droid. They do have a version that is free but the extras are limited.
  • staciekins
    staciekins Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I download the C25K Pro app and started last night. It's great, it dings when its time to switch from jogging to walking. It was $1.99 but there is a free one too. Look for the little sneaker!

Oh and that is on the android market.

That's the one!
  • spampeg
    spampeg Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I went through a few of the apps in the Android Market and although they worked just fine (my wife bought one of them), I still like the NHS Podcasts the best. No app needed!

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/c25k/Pages/couch-to-5k.aspx

I especially like how the music changes depending on if it's walk or run time. She also gives little tidbits of information and some motivation along the way. A little cheesy, and some generic music that really grows on ya... but I'd definitely recommend it.
  • mellc80
    mellc80 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks, for the suggestions. I have looked through the Android Market, but just didn't know which one to pick. I think I will try the C25K Pro 1.99 .
  • OneBryteSmile
    OneBryteSmile Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Just replying so I can find this post later.
  • becky611
    becky611 Posts: 77
    Options
    Is there a big difference between the pro version and the free version? I have the Thunderbolt
  • pinkchrome
    pinkchrome Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have the Thunderbolt and I just purchased the Pro version. This is actually the first app I have ever bought for my phone. The Free version works only in the foreground. So if you get a phone call/email/message or want to switch your playlist the app would pause or close completely. The Pro version allows you to run it in the background. I had an issue at first with the Pro version sending the walk/run beep notifications through the phone speaker even though my headphones were plugged in but I think I fixed that by messing around with the notification settings. You can also post to Facebook with the Pro but I have yet to do that. I totally recommend spending the $1.99 for the Pro version. :)
  • kitkat536
    kitkat536 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    It's called C25K. It's green with a man running and 5k underneath. Paid 2.99. AMAZING! It lets you know when to run or walk. I paid the extra 99c so that it would track my cals lost and mileage. It also tells you your running mph and your walking mph. LOVE IT!
  • becky611
    becky611 Posts: 77
    Options
    I have the Thunderbolt and I just purchased the Pro version. This is actually the first app I have ever bought for my phone. The Free version works only in the foreground. So if you get a phone call/email/message or want to switch your playlist the app would pause or close completely. The Pro version allows you to run it in the background. I had an issue at first with the Pro version sending the walk/run beep notifications through the phone speaker even though my headphones were plugged in but I think I fixed that by messing around with the notification settings. You can also post to Facebook with the Pro but I have yet to do that. I totally recommend spending the $1.99 for the Pro version. :)

Thanks for the help. I think I will get the pro app. I also never pay for apps.