So HUNGRY!

Options
So I'm I'm so hungry. I pretty much wiped out my calorie intake mid day and now I'm just sitting here thinking of food! I am currently -77 calories and haven't ate since four hours ago...

Any suggestions?

Replies

• Grohs2016
    Grohs2016 Posts: 4 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    What is your height and weight, and what is your calorie and weight loss goal set to?
  • MelissaLimeKiwi
    MelissaLimeKiwi Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I would eat something small and sensible and go to bed. Greek yogurt or piece of bread or glass of milk.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,141 Member
    Options
    If you're really hungry, not bored or I just want food hungry, eat something. Learn to plan out your calories better so you don't run through your calories by noon.
  • MrsSylvie
    MrsSylvie Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    if you trully are hungry, eat something reasonable/filling and minus the excess calories off tomorrow's calorie allowance (or you can minus them from anyday up to sunday or a little from each remaining day for this week).....OR go over by more today and just start anew tomorrow, it's not going to hurt your weight loss in the long run if its not a regular occurence afterall.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Hard to say without more info. What is your daily goal, and what did you eat to wipe it out? Did you log exercise today? If so, have you eaten those cals back yet?

And this:
    zyxst wrote: »
    If you're really hungry, not bored or I just want food hungry, eat something. Learn to plan out your calories better so you don't run through your calories by noon.

• ishietar
    ishietar Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i'm having one of those days too where I just wanna eat! I highly suggest that you plan your day ahead and try to stick to it as much as you possibly can. you're going to have bad days but don't let it go down the toilet just because you're having a hard day!
    everyone's been suggesting eating something sensible...I also suggest drinking a lot of water!
  • slong12041989
    slong12041989 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if this is true for you, but for me, this happens when I picked high calorie/unfulfilling foods early on in the day. Say I had a high calorie coffee drink with breakfast... Obviously that's going to eat up my calories and not make me feel any less hungry. So maybe try to see if you did that?

Also, if you incorporate more exercise you can afford to eat more. I could eat 1200 calories and not do anything physical, but still feel starving, or I could eat 1500 calories and go for a run/walk with my pup, burn 300 calories and feel totally satisfied. I don't know why, because both equate to 1200 calories, but that works for me!

Another thing is, maybe your calorie goal is too low. I'd rather eat 1400 calories a day and lose 1 lb/wk to not feel like I'm starving all the time rather than shoot for 1200 calories a day to lose 2 lbs/wk and feel I'm in constant danger of binging because I'm so dang hungry!!... In the long run the former has helped me lose more weight and keep it off.

Best of luck to you!!
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if this is true for you, but for me, this happens when I picked high calorie/unfulfilling foods early on in the day. Say I had a high calorie coffee drink with breakfast... Obviously that's going to eat up my calories and not make me feel any less hungry. So maybe try to see if you did that?

Also, if you incorporate more exercise you can afford to eat more. I could eat 1200 calories and not do anything physical, but still feel starving, or I could eat 1500 calories and go for a run/walk with my pup, burn 300 calories and feel totally satisfied. I don't know why, because both equate to 1200 calories, but that works for me!

Another thing is, maybe your calorie goal is too low. I'd rather eat 1400 calories a day and lose 1 lb/wk to not feel like I'm starving all the time rather than shoot for 1200 calories a day to lose 2 lbs/wk and feel I'm in constant danger of binging because I'm so dang hungry!!... In the long run the former has helped me lose more weight and keep it off.

Best of luck to you!!

This works for me as well. I take a rest day once in awhile which means I only get 1200 calories. So I try to at least get in a long walk on that day so I can eat a little more.
  • Grohs2016
    Options
    Hey guys! Thank y'all so much for the feed back! I think with great advice and support I can be on a successful journey to a healthy diet! :smiley:
  • Grohs2016
    Options
    Update: I ended up eating a bunch of Chickfila and ate 1k worth of Calories! I am not upset about it cause I did just join a gym which is kind of exciting! I did however feel bad how I spread my calorie intake throughout the day, so I will tomorrow watch out for that....
  • ncellis79
    ncellis79 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Grohs2016 wrote: »
    So I'm I'm so hungry. I pretty much wiped out my calorie intake mid day and now I'm just sitting here thinking of food! I am currently -77 calories and haven't ate since four hours ago...

Any suggestions?

Any suggestions?

Any suggestions?

Any suggestions?

Any suggestions?

What about about increasing your protein... Also Sometimes we think we are hungry when we are really thirsty. Try drinking a glass of water before every meal.