Working a full & part time job, hard to get exercise in

Options
CeeCee0108
CeeCee0108 Posts: 2 Member
edited March 2016 in Getting Started
Hello, not very good at this, first time texting. New here and looking for ideas, as to how to get started excercising....I'm 50, 142 lbs, I want to drop 20 lbs, not much of a red meat person, love fresh veggies, no milk, but some cheese is ok here & there. ..lol.
I hv a treadmill, at home need help with a fitness program. ...not much of a runner, (large chest)....talk to me anyone....guidance needed,

Replies

• katsmo
    katsmo Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Hi, CeeCee. You can lose weight just by getting a handle on your food. Figure out how many calories you can safely eat each day and still lose weight, then accurately measure and weigh your food each day to try to hit that goal. If you don't have a food scale, you can find a cheap one on amazon.com. You don't have to eliminate anything or make yourself eat things you don't like, but just eat less than you burn each day. That will result in weight loss over time. I always think it's a good idea to figure out the food aspect first, then add exercise into the equation. It's awesome that you have a treadmill. Something as simple as walking for 20 minutes a day helps. Youtube also has lots of free exercise videos (I like fitnessblender), or try checking out workout DVDs from your public library. Feel free to friend me if you want. My diary is open and pretty honest. Good luck!
  • safeelone
    safeelone Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Honestly most weight loss is from having a proper diet. You love veggies which is awesome. Eat the right amount of calories and log everything. I find it useful to have my diary open to friends, as it makes me more careful about what I eat.
    Try to fit in exercise a few days in a week. It seems you don't have much spare time with your work schedule so try small things like walking whey where it using star etc. If you get bored of the treadmill, try to watch your favourite TV shows Or movies while on it. Works for me.
    Good luck on your journey!
  • lgrix
    lgrix Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I work full time as well and find that I need to add my exercise time to my calendar and schedule the block of time just like any other appointment. I plan my exercise time in every week to make it work with everything else in my life.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    Are you active at your current jobs? If not, can you be? For example, taking walks on breaks, using the stairs, etc.

It really comes down to how many calories you take in, though. Focus on that first and just try to move more every day and on your days off.
  • DWBalboa
    DWBalboa Posts: 37,259 Member
    Options
    This should not be too hard for you, just log and weigh everything you eat and make sure to stay within you limits. You have a treadmill at the house so set it up in front of a TV and walk away your sitcoms.
    Like others are saying it’s as easy as calories in verse calories out.
    Good luck.
  • CeeCee0108
    CeeCee0108 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I put myself on a 1200 caloric intake and walk all day at both jobs unless I am at the front desk, no stairs to our office, I do get on my treadmill before ved and have noticed I do sleep better andmore sound. I usually hv 300 to 400 calories still , once I go to bed....thanksveveryone!
  • LittlePikinini
    LittlePikinini Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You only need to do 1 hour of exercise 3 days a week