Cheese

Options
I'm working on my diet and I've decided to try for abs. My diet is fairly clean and I'm wondering if i can eat cheese? What are the possible pluses and negatives?

Thanks

Replies

• pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Yes....you can eat cheese. Cico
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    A life without cheese is a life not worth living in my opinion.
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Add it, and see how your body responds to it.
    Sorry, that sounds obvious. :D
    I have excluded dairy before, and I do think it makes a difference in getting lean.
    I have read that excluding dairy will help with normalizing growth hormone levels.
    Do you weigh your food in grams and keep a tight food log? That's a great way to see if a new food affects your bodyfat, or inflammation response.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Yes to cheese. I have flat abs with visible definition in the obliques and I am a cheese eater.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    A cheeseless life is a sad life indeed.
  • VickyMHann
    VickyMHann Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I do, I weigh and log everything. Calorie wise I'm definitely ok adding cheese to my diet. But I want to try to do everything I can to gain definition in an area that I have never managed to get any definition.

And yes, life without cheese seems to end up crying into a pillow more often than not ^^
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Having visible abs is a bi-product of being at a low BF%, not whether or not you eat cheese. Most cheese is calorie dense due to the fat content however...and for me, dietary fat is far more of an overconsumption issue than anything else...I can eat cheese like a 185 Lb mouse, so I tend to be very frugal in my consumption.
  • vfit10
    vfit10 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Cheese 4 life!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Yes. You can eat cheese and still have abs. Do not understand the question.
  • areallycoolstory
    areallycoolstory Posts: 1,680 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    i don't know much about eating clean, but this link might help. it looks like you can eat it in moderation and they recommend certain types over others. good luck.

http://www.realityofyou.com/clean-eating-challenge-is-cheese-clean-day-24/
  • TrishAndGirls
    TrishAndGirls Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I love cheese!!! lol
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options

^^this
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Cheese is fine as long as it fits your calorie budget. Your abs will be defined based on your BF% and that's due to calories. As long as you don't have issues with dairy cheese can certainly work for you and a lot of bodybuilders and fitness competitors eat lots of it.
  • forevertrusting
    forevertrusting Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I don't eat it anymore. Used to all the time. Leaving it out and adding other non dairy creamy substitutes has helped me get lean. Pinterest has a ton of great ones to dive into. Yum!
  • VickyMHann
    VickyMHann Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Great thanks! No more crying into my pillow!!

Yay cheese!!!
  • dalem54494
    dalem54494 Posts: 23 Member
    Options

This!!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    To keep it clean you may want to find a local producer who uses grass fed, antibiotic and hormone free milk. we have a small farm market near us that sells it. A bit more expensive but worth it.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    It is a portable protein with a fat chaser, which makes it very handy. I buy a big block of sharp cheese and pre-cut it in to single portions (about the size of two dice stacked together), wrap them and freeze them. Then I am not tempted to over-eat.